A 9-year-old boy was hospitalized in serious condition early Saturday morning after a car slammed into a home in Southeast San Antonio.
Family Asleep When SUV Slams into Their House
According to KSAT, the crash occurred around 2:30 am when an SUV traveling eastbound on East Southcross lost control after traveling too fast along a curve and struck a curb. The SUV then slammed into a home where a family of three was asleep.
A 9-year-old boy in the home suffered serious injuries and was rushed to University Hospital. The driver of the SUV was ejected from the vehicle and taken to Brooke Army Medical Center, also in serious condition.
The other two family members in the house were not injured.
The police said the driver of the SUV claimed a silver vehicle pulled beside him and started shooting his vehicle, causing him to lose control.
The accident remains under investigation, and charges are pending.
Texas Car Accident Statistics
The following information was provided by the Texas Department of Transportation (TxDOT):
- 3,773 people were killed in Texas traffic accidents in 2016, marking a 5.45% increase from the 3,578 deaths reported in 2015.
- 638 of the deaths reported in 2016 were attributed to a head-on collision.
- Alcohol was determined to be a factor in 987 traffic deaths, accounting for roughly 26% of all Texas traffic fatalities.
- An additional 264,076 people were injured in auto accidents in Texas in 2016.
- Based on reportable data for 2016, TxDOT estimates:
- One person was killed in a traffic accident every 2 hours and 20 minutes.
- One person was injured every 1 minute and 59 seconds.
- A reportable crash occurred every 57 seconds.
Injured in a Crash? Contact an Experienced San Antonio Car Accident Lawyer
Were you injured in a traffic accident in San Antonio or a surrounding area? Our San Antonio car accident lawyers are available 24/7 to assist you and provide you with a free legal consultation. Contact Thomas J. Henry Law today for more information about the services we provide to clients in San Antonio, Texas.
Remember, you do not have to face your accident and injuries alone. We are here to help you during your time of need. This includes help with medical appointments, transportation, and cash advancements on qualified cases. Let our attorneys deal with the insurers and your claim so you can focus on what’s really important: getting better.
Our San Antonio Personal Injury Law Offices
- Phone number: 210-941-2191 (attorneys available 24/7 to assist you)
- Address: 5710 W Hausman Rd, Suite 108, San Antonio, Texas 78249