The Importance of Hiring San Antonio Car Wreck Attorney for Your Case
In 2019, the Texas Department of Transportation recorded 50,796 crashes in Bexar County alone. Those crashes resulted in roughly 16,592 injures and 177 deaths. At Thomas J. Henry Law, we believe in holding those responsible for your accident and injuries accountable. Let our auto accident attorneys in San Antonio, Texas fight for you. You can depend on our team to ensure you recover the full amount owed for your injuries.
Remember, an insurance company’s primary goal is to make money. This means their adjusters want to limit their liability and pay you as little as possible for your injuries. By hiring a local San Antonio car crash lawyer, you can rest assured that your case is being handled by a licensed attorney who is familiar with Texas personal injury law and specifically Texas car accident law.
When to Hire a Car Accident Lawyer in San Antonio, TX
If you have been involved in a car accident, you want to speak with a San Antonio car accident lawyer as soon as possible. An experienced lawyer can help you protect your rights while also mitigating the confusion and stress that can follow a serious collision. However, we understand that calling a car accident law firm may not have been top-of-mind following your crash. Do not worry, there is still time.
Under Texas law (Tex. Civ. Prac. & Rem. Code § 16.003(a)), the statute of limitations for most personal injury claims is two years.
This means even if you did not call an auto accident lawyer in San Antonio, TX in the days or weeks following your crash, you can still reach out to our law firm to file your claim. Our attorneys will take immediate action on your case, including gathering information about the accident, gathering insurance information from the adverse driver, and gathering your medical records necessary to prove your claim.
Damages that Can Be Sought in a San Antonio Car Accident Lawsuit
The damages you are eligible for following a car accident in San Antonio will depend on the circumstances of your accident and the types of injuries that you suffered as a result of the crash. Speaking with a San Antonio car accident lawyer will help you better understand the damages that may be sought in your case.
Typically, a person injured in a car accident may be eligible for the following:
- Medical Expenses – Medical damages relate to the cost of past and future medical care associated with treating the injuries that occurred.
- Lost Wages – All wages lost because your injuries prevented you from attending work or caused you to lose your job, including paid leave or vacation days taken during a hospital stay, to attend appointments, or to attend rehabilitation.
- Loss of Earning Capacity – Damages connected to your ability to collect future income, such as an inability to continue to perform your current job or the loss of promotion opportunities while you were recovering.
- Pain and Suffering: If your injury has resulted in pain or serious discomfort during or after your crash, you may be entitled to pain and suffering damages.
- Loss of Enjoyment – These damages attempt to quantify the loss of enjoyment in day-to-day pursuits like hobbies, exercise, and other recreational activities.
- Emotional distress – If your accident or injury has had a psychological impact and has resulted in things like anxiety, depression, or sleep loss, you may be entitled to emotional distress damages.
- Loss of consortium – These damages can also be sought when a severe injury has resulted in a loss of companionship or an inability to maintain a sexual relationship with a spouse. Children may also sue for loss of consortium if the injuries have significantly hampered the victim’s ability to provide care, nurturing, or comfort.
Common Causes of Car Accidents
Car accidents can occur for a number of reasons, and a single collision can have multiple causes. More often than not, however, car accidents are caused by some manner of negligence. Below are the top five causes of car accidents in San Antonio, Texas.
- Driver Distraction: One of the most common causes of car accidents in San Antonio. Distractions can include texting, using a cell phone, talking to passengers, adjusting the radio, and anything else that draws eyes, hands, or concentration away task of driving.
- Driver Inattention: Driver inattention occurs when a driver simply loses focus on driving and begins to daydream or becomes lost in thought.
- Driver Fatigue/Driver drowsiness: Driver drowsiness does not mean a person is falling asleep at the wheel, just that sleep deprivation, chronic or otherwise, has impacted the driver’s reaction times, hinder visual and motor coordination, and impair judgment.
- Speeding: In addition to increasing the likelihood of a crash, speeding also increases the chances that a crash will result in serious injury or death.
- Alcohol and Drug Impairment: Between one-fourth and one-third of all traffic accidents of all fatal collisions in the U.S. involve a driver who is impaired by alcohol or drugs.
- Reckless and Aggressive Driving: The final leading factor in traffic accidents in San Antonio is driving in a reckless or aggressive manner. This includes improper lane changes, running red lights, tailgating, road rage, and cutting in-and-out of traffic.
10 Most Dangerous Intersections in San Antonio, TX
According to the Federal Highway Administration (FHA), about 50 percent of all traffic accidents, and nearly one-quarter of traffic fatalities, occur at or in relation to intersections. These are San Antonio’s most dangerous intersections:
- Loop 1604 and Interstate 10 – 216 collisions reported in 2017
- Northwest Loop 410 and Interstate 10 – 124 collisions reported in 2017
- U.S. 281 and Interstate 35 – 108 collisions reported in 2017
- West Loop 1604 North and Highway 16 – 92 collisions reported in 2017
- Northeast Loop 410 and Interstate 35 – 90 collisions reported in 2017
- North Loop 1604 East and Interstate 35 – 82 collisions reported in 2017
- Alamo Ranch Parkway and Westwood Loop – 79 collisions reported in 2017
- Northeast Loop 410 and Walzem Road – 63 collisions reported in 2017
- Northwest Loop 410 and Wurzbach Road – 61 collisions reported in 2017
- Northwest Loop 410 and San Pedro Avenue – 61 collisions reported in 2017
Injured in a Crash? Contact an Experienced San Antonio Auto Accident Lawyer
Were you injured in a traffic accident in San Antonio or a surrounding area? We have car accident lawyers in San Antonio who are available 24/7 to assist you and provide you with a free legal consultation. Our law firm is among the most respected personal injury firms in San Antonio and is the largest personal injury plaintiff’s firm in Texas. Expertise has named Thomas J. Henry is one of the Best Car Accident Lawyers in San Antonio.
Remember, you do not have to face your accident and injuries alone. We are here to help you during your time of need. Let our attorneys deal with the insurers and your claim so you can focus on what’s really important: getting better.
Our San Antonio Personal Injury Law Offices
- Phone number: 210-941-2191 (attorneys available 24/7 to assist you)
- Address: 5710 W Hausman Rd, Suite 108, San Antonio, Texas 78249