Hiring a San Antonio Car Wreck Attorney for Your Case
In 2019, the Texas Department of Transportation recorded 50,796 crashes in San Antonio. Those crashes resulted in roughly 16,592 injuries and 177 deaths. In the unfortunate circumstances that your or a loved one is injured in a crash, or worse you lose a loved one to a car accident, you deserve to have your best interests protected. Hiring an experienced auto accident attorney can ensure your rights are preserved. It can also put you in the best position to recover the full amount owed for the damages you have suffered.
How Can a Car Accident Attorney Help Me?
Remember, an insurance company’s primary goal is to make money. They want to limit their financial liability and pay you as little as possible for your injuries. Thomas J. Henry Law will negotiate with the insurer and fight on your behalf to ensure you receive maximum compensation for your car accident injuries. As soon as you hire our firm, we will take immediate action on your claim. Our San Antonio car accident lawyers will:
- Investigate your accident
- Gather all relevant medical records
- Collect evidence and documents to support your claim
- Calculate your car accident claim’s value
- File your claim with the insurers
- Communicate with insurers and adjusters on your behalf
- Negotiate for maximum compensation
- File a lawsuit if settlement offers fail to provide you just compensation
When you choose to hire Thomas J. Henry Law, it means you can rest assured that your case is being handled by a San Antonio injury attorney who is familiar with Texas personal injury law and specifically Texas car accident law. We want to make the attorney hiring process as easy as possible. This is one reason our law firm works strictly on a contingency fee basis. This means you pay us nothing unless and until we win your case.
Find The Best San Antonio Car Accident Attorney for Your Claim
Not all car accident attorneys provide the same level of service, nor do they secure the same level of results. Who you chose to represent you in your car accident case can have a drastic outcome on your recovery. This means finding an attorney with significant trial experience who specialized in car accidents and personal injury law. The best San Antonio car accident attorney will have:
- Reputation: Reputation goes a long way in personal injury law. When an attorney has a reputation for success, insurance companies and defense attorneys take note. They may be more likely to offer a fair settlement than risk losing in a trial. Thomas J. Henry is a lifetime member of the Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum and is a lifetime charter member of Rue Ratings’ Best Attorneys in America.
- Integrity: Make sure your car accident attorney is in good standing with the state bar and is free of grievances and complaints. Also, check reviews and testimonials from past clients.
- Staff and Resources: Personal injury claims are complicated and take time, money, and resources. Thomas J. Henry Law has a team of more than 200 attorneys supported by dedicated staff members to assist our clients. We also have the latest in trial technology and case management systems as well as the money to fight the long fight.
- Trial Experience: A legal education and bar license doesn’t win cases. Experience does. Get an attorney who has won numerous cases in front of judges and juries and thrives in the courtroom.
- Results: Results are the bottom line of any car accident case. That is the money clients receive. Hiring an attorney with a history of record-breaking verdicts and settlements puts you in the best position to secure maximum compensation for your San Antonio car accident claim.
When to Hire a Car Accident Lawyer in San Antonio, TX
If you have been involved in a crash, it is best to speak to a San Antonio car accident lawyer as soon as possible. An accident lawyer is your best chance at recovering full compensation for your injuries and damages. The sooner your call, the sooner your attorney can begin building your claim. However, we understand that calling a car accident law firm may not have been top-of-mind following your crash. Do not worry, there is still time.
Under Texas law (Tex. Civ. Prac. & Rem. Code § 16.003(a)), the statute of limitations for most personal injury claims is two years.
This means even if you did not call an auto accident lawyer in San Antonio, TX in the days or weeks following your crash, you can still reach out to our law firm to file your claim. Our attorneys will take immediate action on your case. We will gather information about the accident, gather insurance information from the adverse driver, and gather the medical records necessary to prove your claim.
Types of Car Accident Cases Our Law Firm Handles
The attorneys at Thomas J. Henry Law are equipped to handle all manner of auto accident lawsuits. While you may think the circumstances of your crash and who is at fault is clear, insurance adjusters may still challenge your claim. Having a lawyer who understands the various types of collisions and how to demonstrate liability in each may be the deference between securing maximum compensation and recovering nothing at all.
At Thomas J. Henry Law, we have experience handling:
- Rear-end collision
- Wrong-way collisions
- Head-on crashes
- Truck accidents
- Multiple vehicle accidents
- Company vehicle crashes
- Crashes at intersections
- Drunk driving crashes
- Pedestrian accidents
- Rollover accidents
- Crashes caused by road rage and aggressive driving
- Distracted driving crashes
- Motorcycle accidents
- Fatal car crashes
Damages that Can Be Sought in a San Antonio Car Accident Lawsuit
The damages you are eligible for following a car accident in San Antonio will depend on the circumstances of your accident and the types of injuries that you suffered as a result of the crash. Speaking with a San Antonio car accident lawyer will help you better understand the damages that may be sought in your case.
Typically, a person injured in a car accident can seek the following damages:
- Medical Expenses – Medical damages relate to the cost of past and future medical care associated with treating the injuries that occurred.
- Lost Wages – All wages lost because your injuries prevented you from attending work or caused you to lose your job, including paid leave or vacation days taken during a hospital stay, to attend appointments, or to attend rehabilitation.
- Loss of Earning Capacity – Damages connected to your ability to collect future income, such as an inability to continue to perform your current job or the loss of promotion opportunities while you were recovering.
- Pain and Suffering – If your injury has resulted in pain or serious discomfort during or after your crash, you may be entitled to pain and suffering damages.
- Loss of Enjoyment – These damages attempt to quantify the loss of enjoyment in day-to-day pursuits like hobbies, exercise, and other recreational activities.
- Emotional Distress – If your accident or injury has had a psychological impact and has resulted in things like anxiety, depression, or sleep loss, you may be entitled to emotional distress damages.
- Loss of Consortium – Victims can seek these damages when a severe injury has resulted in a loss of companionship or an inability to maintain a sexual relationship with a spouse. Children may also sue for loss of consortium if the injuries have significantly hampered the victim’s ability to provide care, nurturing, or comfort.
If a loved one died in a car crash, you can also seek damages through a wrongful death lawsuit. Our San Antonio wrongful death attorneys are prepared to fight for you and your family.
Common Causes of Car Accidents
Car accidents can occur for a number of reasons, and a single collision can have multiple causes. More often than not, however, car accidents are caused by some manner of negligence. Below are the top five causes of car accidents in San Antonio, Texas.
- Driver Distraction: One of the most common causes of car accidents in San Antonio. Distractions can include texting, phone calls, eating, talking to passengers, and adjusting the radio. Anything else that draws eyes, hands, or concentration away from the task of driving is a distraction.
- Driver Inattention: Driver inattention occurs when a driver simply loses focus on driving and begins to daydream or becomes lost in thought.
- Driver Fatigue/Driver drowsiness: Driver drowsiness does not mean a person is falling asleep at the wheel, just that sleep deprivation, chronic or otherwise, has impacted the driver’s reaction times, hinders visual and motor coordination, and impairs judgment.
- Speeding: In addition to increasing the likelihood of a crash, speeding also increases the chances that a crash will result in serious injury or death.
- Alcohol and Drug Impairment: Between one-fourth and one-third of all traffic accidents of all fatal collisions in the U.S. involve a driver who is impaired by alcohol or drugs.
- Reckless and Aggressive Driving: The final leading factor in traffic accidents in San Antonio is driving in a reckless or aggressive manner. This includes improper lane changes, running red lights, tailgating, road rage, and cutting in and out of traffic.
10 Most Dangerous Intersections in San Antonio, TX
According to the Federal Highway Administration (FHA), about 50 percent of all traffic accidents, and nearly one-quarter of traffic fatalities, occur at or in relation to intersections. These are San Antonio’s most dangerous intersections:
- Loop 1604 and Interstate 10 – 216 collisions reported in 2017
- Northwest Loop 410 and Interstate 10 – 124 collisions reported in 2017
- U.S. 281 and Interstate 35 – 108 collisions reported in 2017
- West Loop 1604 North and Highway 16 – 92 collisions reported in 2017
- Northeast Loop 410 and Interstate 35 – 90 collisions reported in 2017
- North Loop 1604 East and Interstate 35 – 82 collisions reported in 2017
- Alamo Ranch Parkway and Westwood Loop – 79 collisions reported in 2017
- Northeast Loop 410 and Walzem Road – 63 collisions reported in 2017
- Northwest Loop 410 and Wurzbach Road – 61 collisions reported in 2017
- Northwest Loop 410 and San Pedro Avenue – 61 collisions reported in 2017
Injured in a Crash? Contact an Experienced San Antonio Auto Accident Lawyer
Have you suffered injuries in a traffic accident in San Antonio or a surrounding area? We have car accident lawyers in San Antonio who are available 24/7 to assist you. Our law firm is among the most respected personal injury firms in San Antonio and is the largest personal injury plaintiff’s firm in Texas. Expertise has named Thomas J. Henry one of the Best Car Accident Lawyers in San Antonio.
Remember, you do not have to face your accident and injuries alone. We are here to help you during your time of need. Let our attorneys deal with the insurers and your claim so you can focus on what’s really important: getting better. Call now for a free case consultation.
- Phone number:210-874-2615 (attorneys available 24/7 to assist you)
- Address: 5711 University Heights Blvd #101, San Antonio, Texas 78249