Bexar County Officials Investigate Fatal Crash Between Car, Dump Truck on Highway 90
A fatal crash involving a dump truck and Toyota Rav 4 is being investigated by the Bexar County Sheriff’s Office.
About the Deadly Bexar County Dump Truck Accident
According to MySA, the fatal crash occurred on Wednesday morning along Highway 90 near Highway 211.
Officials say a woman was traveling westbound on Highway 90 when she rear-ended a dump truck that was turning onto Highway 90 from the Pioneer Estates Subdivision. The impact of the crash caused the driver of the Toyota to be ejected from her vehicle.
The woman driver of the Toyota was pronounced dead shortly after the crash. Her name and age have not been released.
Several lanes of Highway 90 were shut down while crews investigated and cleared the scene.
Texas Car Accident Statistics
The following information was provided by the Texas Department of Transportation (TxDOT):
- 3,623 people were killed in car accidents in Texas in 2019, a .09% decrease from 2018.
- 735 people were killed in crashes that occurred at or in relation to an intersection.
- 597 people were killed in head-on collisions.
- An additional 256,797 people were injured in car crashes in Texas with 15,855 people suffering serious injuries.
- Based on reportable data for 2019:
- 1 person was killed in a crash in Texas every 2 hours 25 minutes.
- 1 person was injured every 2 minutes 3 seconds.
- A reportable crash occurred every 56 seconds.
Speak with an Experienced San Antonio Car Accident Lawyer
If you have been involved in a crash in San Antonio or a nearby community, call Thomas J. Henry Law for representation. Our attorneys have the experience and resources to handle your claim effectively and aggressively. We will take immediate action on your claim and work to ensure you are in the position to secure maximum compensation.
Our San Antonio car accident lawyers are available 24/7 to assist you. We work on a contingency fee basis which means you pay us nothing unless and until we win your claim.
Our San Antonio Personal Injury Law Offices
- Phone number: 210-941-2191(attorneys available 24/7 to assist you)
- Address:5710 W Hausman Rd, Suite 108, San Antonio, Texas 78249