Britax has issued recalls for two of their most popular baby strollers after receiving more than a thousand consumer complaints concerning damaged click and go receivers. Failures in the Click and Go receivers pose fall and injury hazards to infants.
26 Injuries Reported to Britax
According to the CPSC, Britax has received 33 reports of the car seats disconnecting from the stroller component and falling to the ground unexpectedly. Of those reports, 26 resulted in injuries including scratches, bruises, cuts, and bumps to the head.
In addition, Britax has received 1,337 reports that stroller displayed damaged Click and Go receiver mounts. These receiver mounts are essential in securing Britax’s detachable car seats to the strollers.
Consumers are urged to discontinue use of the strollers with the car seats attached. Both the stroller and car seats are safe when used separately.
Consumer can contact Britax for a free repair kit.
Additional Details of the Recalled Strollers
- The recall is limited to Britax’s B-Agile and BOB Strollers.
- The strollers have been sold through retailers like Target, buy buy Baby Babies “R” Us, and Amazon since 2011.
- Roughly 676,000 strollers have been sold in the United States with an additional 36,400 sold in Canada and 4,600 sold in Mexico.
- B-Agile model numbers included in the recall are:
- S01298600, S01298700, S01635200, S02063600, S02063700, S02063800, S02063900, S02064000, S03803400, S03803500, S03803700, S03803800, S03803900, S04144400, S04144500, S04144600, S04144700, S04144800, S04144900, S04145000, S04183700, S04183800, S04184000, S04281200, S04281300, S04402800, S04437700, S04628500, S04884200, S04884300, S04884400, S04884500, S04975600, S04978900, S05060600, S05260200, S05511600, S05511700, S865800, S865900, S874300, S874400, S874500, S877200, S890100, S896000, S896200, S896600, S907200, S907300, S907400, S907500, S907600, S910200, S910300, S910400, S910500, S912300, S914300, S914500, S914700, S914900, S915200, S915400, S917400, S921800, S921900, S923700, U341763, U341764, U341782, U341783, U341825, U341826, U341828, U341X82, U34X782, U361763, U361818, U361819, U361825, U391875, U451835, U451837, U451841, U461763, U461764, U461782, U461783, U461825, U461826, U461828, U471818, U471819, U491842, U491843, U491844, U491908, U491909, U491910, U511875, U511877, U551835, U551837, U551841, U551861, U551862, U551863, U551864, U551865, U551905, U551906, U691878, U691879, U691881, U691882, U691884, U691904, U691905, U721895, U721896
- BOB Motion model numbers included in the recall are:
- S888600, S890200, S890300, S890400, S890500, S909700, S910600, S910700, S910800, S910900, S912600, U391820, U391821, U391822, U481820, U481821, U481822, U501820, U501821, U501822, U501907