Brown Jordan Services has recalled 265,000 swivel patio chairs after finding out that the base of the chairs can break during normal use, which can create a fall hazard.
About The Swivel Patio Chair Recall
According to the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission, the swivel patio chairs were sold exclusively at Home Depot stores nationwide and online at Homedepot.com from October 2012 to January 2015 for $200 for a set of two chairs and $550 for a whole 7-piece patio set.
Consumers are advised to immediately stop using the swivel patio chairs and contact Brown Jordan Services for their free repair kit.
Incidents and Serious Injuries Reported
- There have been 410 reports of the swivel chairs breaking.
- There have also been 16 reports of injuries, which are mainly bruises and abrasions from falls.
Description of The Swivel Patio Chairs Product
Information below provided by the US CPSC:
- This recall involves Hampton Bay Fall River swivel dining and lounge chairs.
- The patio chairs are made of steel with a swivel base and arm rests.
- The chairs either have a red or green cushion, or have a custom slipcover with white liner fabric covering the cushions.
- The patio chairs were sold either in sets of two or as whole patio sets, which included patio tables.