Car Attempts to Beat Red Light, Causes 3 Car Crash in Corpus Christi
A car attempting to beat a red light at the intersection of Gollihar Road and Crosstown caused a multi-car collision instead.
Driver Slams into Vehicle with Family Inside
According to KIII-TV, a driver was traveling southbound on the access road of Crosstown and attempted to beat the light change at the Gollihar intersection. The driver did not make it through the intersection and crashed into a car carrying a family.
A third vehicle was also involved in the collision.
It is not clear what injuries may have been suffered as a result of the crash, and reports did not indicate if citations were issues.
The accident remains under investigation.
Crashes and Injuries Corpus Christi 2019 Stats (TxDot):
- Fatal Crashes: 35
- Fatalities: 37
- Suspected Serious Crashes: 98
- Suspected Serious Injuries: 120
Steps to Take After a Car Crash
- Immediately after a wreck, especially if you or someone else is injured, call 911 and ask for an ambulance.
- If a law enforcement officer arrives at the crash scene, be sure to give as many facts about the circumstances of the crash as possible.
- Seek medical attention as soon as you can, even if you do not feel immediate pain following your car accident.
- If possible, take pictures of the accident scene, including your vehicle, the other party’s vehicle, your injuries, and any other environmental factors that may have played a role in the wreck.
- Gather contact information for any witnesses to the car accident.
- After taking care of your well-being, contact a Texas car accident lawyer to discuss your case.
Injured in a Collision? Contact an Experienced Car Accident Lawyer in Corpus Christi
Were you injured in a motor vehicle collision in the state of Texas? Our auto accident lawyers in Corpus Christi are available 24/7 to help you and provide you with a free consultation. We will start work on your case right away, offering sound legal advice, speaking to the insurance companies on your behalf, gathering evidence for your case, and even helping with property damage and medical bills on qualified cases. We handle all negotiations, depositions, mediations, litigation, settlements, court appearances, and everything in between to ensure you get a fair settlement or outcome for your family. Contact Thomas J. Henry Law today for more information about the services we provide to clients in Corpus Christi, Texas.
Our Corpus Christi Personal Injury Law Offices
- Phone number: 361-254-7873 (attorneys available 24/7 to assist you)
- Address: 521 Starr Street, Corpus Christi, Texas 78401 (walk-in Monday through Friday)