Child Seriously Injured in Multi-Car Collision in North Austin Along with Three Others
A child and three other people were injured in a multi-car crash on January 17, 2022 just before 10 p.m.
Details of the Austin Crash
According to KVUE ABC Austin, the crash injuring four occurred on the eastbound service road at the 700 block of E. Anderson Lane just before 10 PM. Two people were pinned as a result of the crash.
One child was taken to Dell Children’s Medical Center with severe, life-threatening injuries. The child was possibly ejected from the car in the crash according to Austin-Travis County EMS.
The pinned passengers, a teenager and adult, were freed by 10:30 p.m. The teenager was transported to Dell Children’s Medical Center with serious injuries while the adult declined treatment at that time.
Four ambulances, Austin Fire, and Austin Police Department responded to the call leading to traffic delays and street closures in the area.
A child andthree3 others people were injured in a multi-car crash on January 17, 2022 just before 10 p.m.
2020 Texas Traffic Accident Statistics
Despite the pandemic and reduced traffic, 2020 still proved to be a deadly year for Texas drivers. According to the Texas Department of Transportation (TxDOT):
- 3,896 people were killed in car crashes in Texas in 2020. A 7.54% increase from 2019.
- The fatality rate on Texas roadways increased a staggering 18.94% from 2019 to 2020
- 538 of those deaths were the result of head-on collisions.
- 865 people were killed in crashes that occurred at or near intersections.
- An additional 205,489 people were injured in traffic crashes in Texas in 2020 with 14,656 people suffering incapacitating injuries.
- Based on reportable data for 2020, TxDOT determined:
- One person was killed in a car crash in Texas every 2 hours and 15 minutes.
- A person was injured in a crash every 2 minutes and 34 seconds.
- A reportable crash occurred every 1 minute 7 seconds.
Injured in a Car Accident? Call Thomas J. Henry Law
If you or a loved one have been injured in a car crash in or around San Antonio, call Thomas J. Henry Law. Our firm has built a reputation on securing favorable, record-breaking verdicts on behalf of our clients. We will work diligently to make sure you are in the best position to receive the compensation you deserve.
Our car accident attorneys are available 24/7, nights and weekends to hear your claim. Call now for your free case review. Remember, Thomas J. Henry Law works on a contingency fee basis. This means you pay us nothing unless and until we win your claim. Call today.