Collision Between Cement Truck and Minivan Leaves 1 Dead
About the Multi-Vehicle Fatal Pittsburgh Incident
Pittsburgh Post Gazette the accident occurred October 12 at around 7:18 a.m at the S. 18th and Crosman Streets intersection. A total of three vehicles were involved in the crash- a cement truck, a minivan, and a parked passenger vehicle.
Maurice Matthew’s, a public safety official, commented that the cement truck and minivan collided head-on into one another. Following the initial impact, the minivan collided into a parked car on the street.
Emergency officials were able to quickly remove the male minivan driver and transport him to a hospital, where he has described as sustaining serious injuries. A 55-year-old passenger, Roberta Leonard, was pronounced dead on the scene.
The cement truck driver was also transported to the hospital with minimal injuries.
Truck Accident Statistics
- According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), there were 4,317 people killed in crashes involving large trucks in 2016.
- Fatalities in crashes involving large trucks increased by 5 percent.
- Over a 10-year period, there was a 10-percent decrease in the total number of people killed in large truck crashes.
- Of the fatalities in 2016:
- 72 percent (3,127) were occupants of other vehicles
- 17 percent (722) were occupants of large trucks
- 11 percent (468) were nonoccupants (pedestrians, pedalcyclists, etc.)
Trucking Accident Lawyers Ready to Fight for You
At Thomas J. Henry Law, we understand how difficult it is to work when you have been severely injured by an 18-wheeler or other commercial vehicle. That is why we can advance your court costs and litigation expenses. We can also advance money for living and medical expenses. You spend nothing and you pay no attorney’s fees unless we win your case. We do this because we have the confidence that comes with experience.
With a team of more than 200 experienced attorneys, you can rest assured that your claim is always being actively pursued. You worry about getting better, let our attorneys and dedicated support staff handled the rest.
We have offices San Antonio, Corpus Christi, and Austin, and our experienced truck accident lawyers are available 24/7, nights and weekends to assist you with your case. Call us today to set up a free case review.