Corpus Christi Man Killed in Motorcycle Accident
A Corpus Christi man is dead following a motorcycle crash on Gollihar Road on Monday evening.
Details of the Corpus Christi Motorcycle Accident
KIII-TV reports 35-year-old Cody Lewis was fatally injured when he drove his motorcycle off the road and rode into the parking lot of a local business on Gollihar Road near South Staple Street.
Police suspect Lewis lost control of his motorcycle as he was navigating a curve on the road and struck a large object before being thrown from his motorcycle. He was pronounced dead at the scene.
The accident remains under investigation.
Texas Motorcycle Accident Statistics
The following information was provided by the Texas Department of Transportation (TxDOT):
- 3,531 people were killed in traffic collisions in Texas in 2015, marking little change from the 3,536 deaths recorded in 2014.
- Motorcyclists (passengers and operators) accounted for 459 of the fatalities recorded in 2015.
- Of the 459 motorcyclists killed, roughly 52 percent were not wearing a helmet at the time of their collision.
- An additional 246,335 people were injured in traffic accidents in Texas in 2015.
Common Causes of Motorcycle Accidents
For the most part, motorcycle accidents have the same causes as traditional traffic accidents. They tend to occur in the same places, such as busy intersections and are often the result of negligence, inattentiveness, and lapses in judgment.
The top contributing factors for multiple-vehicle motorcycle accidents at intersections include:
- Failure to yield right of way
- Failure to control the speed
- Driver inattention
- Driver distraction
- Drunk driving
- Disregarding stop signs or stop light
Additional risks may be associated with inclement weather or mechanical issues and defects.
Injured in a Motorcycle Accident? Contact an Experienced San Antonio Motorcycle Accident Attorney
Did you get into an accident while you were riding on your motorcycle? If you were seriously injured and you know that you did not have any fault in causing the accident, you should try to seek compensation. Thomas J. Henry Law would like to help you seek financial compensation for your injuries and the trauma you have experienced
Our attorneys are available 24/7 to provide your FREE case review. If your injuries prevent you from visiting our San Antonio offices, we can send an attorney directly to you.
Our San Antonio Personal Injury Law Offices
- Phone number: 210-941-2191 (attorneys available 24/7 to assist you)
- Address: 5710 W Hausman Rd, Suite 108, San Antonio, Texas 78249