Police are investigating a fatal crash near an intersection in northwest Harris County that left one person dead.
Details of the Fatal Houston Crash
According to FOX 26, the crash occurred at the intersection of Champion Forest Driver and Cypresswood Drive.
EMS responded to the scene of the crash where one driver was declared dead. It is unclear if any other suffered injuries.
Westbound lanes of Cypresswood Drive were completely shut down as authorities worked the scene.
The crash remains under investigation.
2020 Texas Traffic Accident Statistics
Despite the pandemic and reduced traffic, 2020 still proved to be a deadly year for Texas drivers. According to the Texas Department of Transportation (TxDOT):
- 3,896 people were killed in car crashes in Texas in 2020. A 7.54% increase from 2019.
- The fatality rate on Texas roadways increased a staggering 18.94% from 2019 to 2020
- 538 of those deaths were the result of head-on collisions.
- 865 people were killed in crashes that occurred at or near intersections.
- An additional 205,489 people were injured in traffic crashes in Texas in 2020 with 14,656 people suffering incapacitating injuries.
- Based on reportable data for 2020, TxDOT determined:
- One person was killed in a car crash in Texas every 2 hours and 15 minutes.
- A person was injured in a crash every 2 minutes and 34 seconds.
- A reportable crash occurred every 1 minute 7 seconds.
Injured in a Houston Crash? Call Thomas J. Henry Law
If you or a loved one were injured in a car crash in Houston, Texas, call Thomas J. Henry Law for help.
Car crashes can result in painful injuries and unexpected expenses. Thomas J. Henry Law can help you recover fair compensation for the damages you have suffered. For nearly 30 years, we have helped injured clients across Texas. Now we are here to help you.
Call now for your FREE Case Review with a licensed Houston car accident lawyer.