Deadly US 183 Crash Claims One Life, Injures Three Others in Southeast Austin
Authorities responded to a crash on US 183 on January 18th that resulted in one death and three injuries, according to Fox 7.
The tragic Thursday morning accident that occurred in Southeast Austin, near East William Cannon, took one life and injured three others, who were then sent to the hospital.
One victim, unfortunately, passed away at the scene. Another person sustained serious injuries and was rushed to the hospital. Two additional individuals were trapped inside the wreckage, requiring over an hour of rescue efforts from Austin firefighters. Heavy lifting techniques were necessary to free them from the mangled metal.
Both rescued individuals were transported to the hospital, one by STAR Flight helicopter and the other by ambulance.
As of now, details surrounding the cause of the accident and the identities of those involved remain unknown at this time; authorities are still investigating the incident.
2022 Texas Traffic Accident Statistics
The following information about Texas and San Antonio accidents was provided by the Texas Department of Transportation (TxDOT):
- 4,481 people were killed in Texas traffic crashes in 2022, marking a .36% decrease from the 4,497 deaths reported in 2021.
- 51.42% of traffic deaths occurred in rural areas of the state, and 636 deaths were attributed to head-on collisions.
- An additional 15,299 people were injured in Texas traffic crashes in 2021 with 18,880 people suffering serious, incapacitating injuries.
- Based on reportable crash data for the year:
- One person was killed in a crash in Texas every 1 hour and 57 minutes
- A person was injured every 2 minutes and 9 seconds
- A reportable crash occurred every 57 seconds
Contact an Experienced Austin Auto Accident Attorney
Have you or a loved one been injured in a car crash? Our experienced Austin car accident lawyers are available 24/7 to take your call and provide you with a free consultation. Thomas J. Henry has a track record of achieving real results for clients suffering from serious and debilitating car accident injuries and was selected as one of the 2021’s Best Car Accident Lawyers in Austin by Expertise.
Let our attorneys navigate the legal process and deal with the insurance companies so you can focus on getting better. Call today to speak with an attorney or fill out the contact form on this page and we will contact you.
Our Austin, Texas Personal Injury Law Offices:
- Phone Number: (512) 520-0221 (attorneys available 24/7, nights and weekends)
- Address: 4401 West Gate Blvd Suite 200, Austin, TX 78745 (walk-in Monday through Friday)