According to NBC News, the parents filed a lawsuit at the state district court in Las Vegas, Nevada. The suit was against Deep Karan Dhillon for the injuries he allegedly caused the girl to suffer.
Court documents suggest that Dhillon used a diamond bur to smooth the girl’s teeth despite while the child was under anesthetics; however, the procedure, according to the lawsuit, caused a spark that ignited throat pack in the 5-year-old girl’s mouth resulting in a fire that lasted one or two seconds.
The lawsuit also states that officials had to rush the young girl to University Medical Center for treatment of burns on her lower lip and palate.
The claimant alleges that the girl sustained burns to her epiglottis, tongue, throat, mouth, lips, and other surrounding parts. The claimant further says that the injuries may be disabling and permanent. The family of the injured girl reportedly seek over $15,000 in damages.
The accused, Dhillon, owner of Just For Kids, declined to comment on the ongoing lawsuit as he said he is not aware of it.
Presently, medical malpractice remains one of the leading causes of death in the United States. While this may come off as a shocking reality, it is far more mind-boggling to discover that:
The unfortunate incident that happened to the 5-year-old girl could happen to anybody. No one is totally safe from doctors’ negligence. If you or a loved one has suffered an injury due to medical malpractice, contact Thomas J Henry.
With over two decades of experience, you can rest assured that we will handle your claim aggressively and effectively. Our firm has offices in Corpus Christi, San Antonio, and Austin, and are attorneys are available to travel to you. Contact us for a free case review, 24/7, days, and weekends.