Filing a Medical Malpractice Lawsuit
Medical malpractice occurs when an individual suffers injury or death due to negligence or incompetence on the part of a medical professional. According to Johns Hopkins Medicine, medical errors cause approximately 250,000deaths each year in the United States — only heart disease and cancer claim more lives each year than medical errors. In addition, medical malpractice often leads to significant injuries that can leave survivors with life-altering disabilities and disfigurements.
Among the most common forms of malpractice observed in the medical community are:
- Misdiagnosis or delayed diagnosis — When a doctor makes an incorrect diagnosis, misses a diagnosis, or makes a delayed diagnosis, the recommended treatment may no longer be an effective option for the patient.
- Childbirth injuries — Negligence from a physician or nurse can occur before, during, or after childbirth that causes injury to the infant or mother.
- Medication errors — An incorrect dosage or method of administration are just two kinds of negligent medication mistakes that can cause serious harm.
- Anesthesia errors — Errors by an anesthesiologist, such as failing to monitor vital signs or administering too much medication, oftentimes lead to fatal consequences.
- Surgery errors — Negligence can occur before, during, or after surgery and leave patients with infections and other complications.
Victims and their families oftentimes face severe financial hardships following a medical error due to new medical costs and lost wages due to missing work. At Thomas J. Henry Law, we can advance your court costs and advance your financial assistance to help you and your loved ones get back on your feet. In addition, you won’t owe anything unless we win your case. Our confidence in our experienced medical malpractice lawyers allows us to do this and provide a comforting service for our injured clients while the legal process unfolds.
Our attorneys have handled a multitude of different medical error claims, representing victims from across the United States who have been impacted by a healthcare professional’s negligence. If you suffered an injury or illness due to the negligence of a doctor, nurse, or other medical providers, contact Thomas J. Henry Law immediately.
Retaining the Best Expert Witnesses for Your Medical Malpractice Lawsuit
At Thomas J. Henry Law, we are intent on putting every client in the best position possible to recover the maximum amount of compensation for their injuries. Medical malpractice claims are no different in that our firm retains the best expert witnesses from across the United States for each case. Expert witnesses are retained to provide reports and testimony in front of judges, lawyers, and insurance companies in trials and arbitration. At Thomas J. Henry Law, only the most qualified experts are retained. Each expert is questioned and examined thoroughly before ever participating in a case.
Finding the right expert and the best expert for your unique case can be crucial in its success. Our experienced team of medical malpractice lawyers will determine which experts could bring invaluable information regarding your injury. Experts that may be retained in a medical malpractice lawsuit include:
- Cardiology experts
- Ear, nose, and throat experts
- Economic damages experts
- Emergency medicine experts
- Infectious disease experts
- Lifecare plan experts
- Occupational therapists
- Orthopedic surgeons
- Plastic and reconstructive surgery experts
- Psychiatry experts
- Rehabilitation specialists
- Wound care physicians
Thomas J. Henry Law is continuously researching innovative and intuitive ways to use experts in medical malpractice cases.
Contact an Experienced Medical Malpractice Lawyer
If you or a loved one have been injured due to a medical error, contact Thomas J. Henry Law. Our firm has a proven track record of winning large cases for severely injured clients for more than 25 years. Thomas J. Henry has the experienced medical malpractice lawyers and the legal and financial resources necessary to properly develop your case. Our dedication and determination are reflected in the record-breaking results we have helped our clients achieve.
Our firm has offices in Corpus Christi, San Antonio, and Austin, serving clients across Texas and nationwide. Call us today for a free case review — attorneys are available 24/7, nights and weekends.