Home Depot Recalls
Home Depot has recalled about 200 dressers, all involving the Home Decorators Collection Print Block 4-Drawer Whitewash Chest (model HDC-14012), according to an announcement from CPSC. Details of these recalled dressers are listed below.
- About 44 inches tall
- About 96 pounds
- Made from mango wood with a distressed finish
- Sold between May 2015 and December 2019.
- Labeled with the manufacturer, “Country Art & Craft LLP” date of production on the back of each chest
Savavieh has recalled 760 dressers, according to the CPSC announcement. Details for the three recalled Savavieh models are listed below:
- Dressers come in a light gray linen finish with light gray drawers (model CHS6410B), a mirror finish with champagne drawers (model CHS6403A), and a mirror finish with steel teal drawers (model CHS6403C).
- Each chest is about 32 inches wide, 16 inches deep, and 29 inches tall.
- The dressers were sold at Wayfair, Overstock.com, Gilt, and other online retailers from November 2017 to November 2019.
All recalled dressers are unstable when not anchored to a wall and pose serious tip-over and entrapments hazards, according to Consumer Reports, particularly to children. So far, there are no reported incidents associated with any of the recalled dressers, but the risk is real. According to the CPSC, one person is injured about every 20 minutes and one child dies about every two weeks because of falling furniture or appliances.
If you own a recalled dresser, contact the associated company or visit their website. Safavieh will provide packaging and prepaid shipping labels so that consumers can return the chest’s metal drawer slides to the company for a full refund. Home Depot also offers a full refund and will pick up the dresser for you for free.
Contact an Experienced Product Liability Lawyer
It is a parent’s worst nightmare to find their child injured by a seemingly safe piece of furniture. If the unthinkable occurs to your child, you need an experienced defective product lawyer to represent you and your child. At Thomas J. Henry, we will fight to get the compensation your child deserves for their injuries and to bring justice to negligence manufacturers. Our firm has represented children from across the United States who have been the victims of negligent vehicle, furniture, and toy manufacturers.
Our firm has offices in Corpus Christi, San Antonio, and Austin, serving clients across Texas and nationwide. Contact our team of attorneys to receive a free case review. We’re available 24/7, nights and weekends.