22-year-old Luis Saulo Ronzon Ramirez has been arrested for a fatal crash that killed a man on his lawnmower on July 19.
Details of the Fatal Dallas Car Accident
According to The Dallas Morning News, Ramirez was traveling 76 miles per hour on West Jefferson Boulevard in north Oak Cliff when he slammed into a Ford F-150 near South Winnetka Avenue.
The impact from the collision caused Ramirez’s Honda to leave the road, flip several times, and strike Armando Leija Esparza who was cutting grass near the road. Esparza, 48, was taken to the hospital where he later died.
Police said the speed limit was 30 miles per hour. Ramirez is charged with manslaughter
Texas Car Accident Statistics 2018
Information provided by the Texas Department of Transportation (TxDOT):
- There were 12,161 serious injury crashes in Texas in 2018 with 14,908 people sustaining a serious injury.
- There were 701 people killed in crashes occurring in intersections or related to an intersection.
- There were 548 people killed in head-on crashes in 2018.
- There were no deathless days on Texas roadways in 2018.
- There were 940 people killed in motor vehicle traffic crashes where a driver was under the influence of alcohol. This is 26% of the total number of people killed in motor vehicle traffic crashes.
Contact an Experienced Texas Car Accident Attorney
If you or a loved one have been injured in a car crash, contact Thomas J. Henry Law. Our experienced car accident attorneys have experience handling a multitude of injury accidents, no matter how severe the crash or injury. You may be entitled to compensation for your damages if another driver acted negligently. Our firm has the experienced lawyers and financial resources that you need to achieve the real results you deserve.
Our firm has offices in Corpus Christi, San Antonio, and Austin serving clients across Texas and nationwide. Call us today for a free case review — attorneys are available 24/7, nights and weekends. If you cannot make it to our office, we can visit you at your home, in the hospital, or at work.