Driver Killed, 4 Others Severely Hurt in Speeding Crash
Details of the Northwest San Antonio Accident
Authorities are investigating a high-speed crash that took place in 5500 block of De Zavala Road on Saturday, November 1, leaving one person dead and four others, including a six-year-old boy, hurt.
Reports suggest a speeding driver traveling eastbound on the road collided into the back of another vehicle, causing them lose control. The speeding car then crashed into another car that was traveling the opposite direction.
Authorities claim that the driver died at the scene of the crash. A six-year-old boy in the same vehicle was quickly transported to University Hospital for severe injuries. Three victims inside the another affected vehicle were also injured.
The crash remains under investigation.
Texas Auto Accident Statistics
The following information was provided by the Texas Department of Transportation (TxDOT):
- 3,773 people were killed in Texas traffic accidents in 2016, marking a 5.45% increase from the 3,578 deaths reported in 2015.
- 638 of the deaths reported in 2016 were attributed to head-on collision.
- Alcohol was determined to be a factor in 987 traffic deaths, accounting for roughly 26% of all Texas traffic fatalities.
- An additional 264,076 people were injured in auto accidents in Texas in 2016.
- Based on reportable data for 2016, TxDOT estimates:
- One person was killed in a traffic accident every 2 hours and 20 minutes.
- One person was injured every 1 minute and 59 seconds.
- A reportable crash occurred every 57 seconds.
Contact an Experienced San Antonio Car Accident Lawyer
If you or a loved one have been injured in a car crash, contact Thomas J. Henry to speak with an auto accident attorney in San Antonio. Our attorneys have experience handling a multitude of injury accidents, no matter how severe the crash or injury. You may be entitled to compensation for your damages if another driver acted negligently. Our firm has the experienced lawyers and financial resources that you need to achieve the real results you deserve.
Our firm has offices in Corpus Christi, San Antonio, and Austin, serving clients across Texas and nationwide. Call us today for a free case review — attorneys are available 24/7, nights and weekends. If you cannot make it to our office, we can visit you at your home, in the hospital, or at work.