Emergency Crews Respond to Multi-Vehicle Accident in Northwest Austin
Crews responded to a vehicle rescue call in northwest Austin Wednesday morning. The call involved multiple vehicles.
Details of the Northwest Austin Crash
According to CBS Austin, the crash occurred around 8:34 am in the northbound lanes of North US 183 near Lake Creek Parkway and Research Boulevard.
Lanes were closed following the crash as Austin-Travis County EMS assisted possible patients.
The crash involved multiple-vehicle, but additional details were not available. Police are investigating the incident.
Texas Car Accident Statistics 2018
Information provided by the Texas Department of Transportation (TxDOT):
- There were 12,161 serious injury crashes in Texas in 2018 with 14,908 people sustaining a serious injury.
- There were 701 people killed in crashes occurring in intersections or related to an intersection.
- There were 548 people killed in head-on crashes in 2018.
- There were no deathless days on Texas roadways in 2018.
- There were 940 people killed in motor vehicle traffic crashes where a driver was under the influence of alcohol. This is 26% of the total number of people killed in motor vehicle traffic crashes.
Injured in a Car Accident? Speak with an Experienced Austin Auto Accident Attorney
If you have been injured in a car accident in or around Austin, Texas, call Thomas J. Henry Law today. Our Austin car accident attorneys are available 24/7, nights and weekends to assist you with your claims. We have represented clients involved in car accidents across Texas for more than 25 years and have a reputation of securing record-breaking results.