Empower Brands Recalls Over 300,000 Air Fryers Due to Potential Fire Hazard
According to ABS News, Empower Brands is recalling over 300,000 PowerXL DUAF-10 and DUAF-005 Vortex Dual-Basket Air Fryers due to a potential burn hazard. The recall was announced in December 2023 and affects units sold between August 2021 and October 2023.
The plastic U-channel connector used to combine the two baskets can break during use, posing a burn risk to consumers. The CPSC has received 41 reports of the connector breaking, including 3 reports of burns.
- PowerXL DUAF-10 Vortex Dual-Basket Air Fryer (10 qt)
- PowerXL DUAF-005 Vortex Dual-Basket Air Fryer (9 qt)
- Look for the model number on the bottom of the unit or the power cord.
- The air fryers are egg-shaped and have two baskets (black or cinnamon color).
What to Do
- Immediately stop using the recalled air fryer.
- Contact Empower Brands for a full refund.
- Visit: www.prodprotect.com/recall/duaf or https://powerxlproducts.com for more information.
- The air fryers were sold at major retailers nationwide for $60-$190.
- The recall is being conducted in cooperation with the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC).
Contact an Experienced Product Liability Attorney
If you or a loved one have suffered an injury or illness due to a defective or dangerous product, contact Thomas J. Henry Law. Over two decades of experience handling a multitude of defective product cases and extensive legal and financial resources allow us to provide our clients with truly dynamic legal representation. Thomas J. Henry Law has a proven track record of achieving real results for clients devastated by recalled products.
Let our recall lawyers help you recover the compensation you are entitled to. Our firm has offices in Corpus Christi, San Antonio, Dallas, Houston, and Austin serving clients across Texas and nationwide. Contact our attorneys today for a free case review.