Father Helps Reveal Son Involved in Hit-and-Run Trucking Accident
San Antonio Hit-and-Run Driver Arrested Six Months Later
According to KENS-5, the hit-and-run that occurred earlier this year on March 2 at Interstate 10. Police say the victim, identified as Kyle Perry, 65, was legally changing lanes on his motorcycle when he was struck by a tractor-trailer.
The incident occurred during bumper-to-bumper traffic, and witnesses noted the driver of the semi exited his vehicle and surveyed the scene before fleeing.
Now, the suspected driver, 31-year-old Jose Alfonso Hernandez, has been identified to police by his own father.
Apparently, Hernandez’s father was driving a separate semi close behind Hernandez and witnessed the accident. He ultimately decided to come forward and report his son.
Hernandez has been charged and arrested. Three other vehicles were also involved in the crash at the time.
Texas Trucking Accident Statistics
- The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) recorded 438,000 trucking accidents in the U.S. in 2014.
- These accidents result in 3,903 deaths and 111,000 injuries.
- Of those killed in trucking accidents:
- 17 percent were occupants of large trucks
- 73 percent were occupants of other vehicles
- 10 percent were listed as nonoccupants, including bicyclists and pedestrians
- Texas led the nation in trucking accident fatalities with 553 trucking-related deaths reported. California followed Texas with 300 recorded deaths.
Contact an Experienced Commercial Trucking Accident Attorney
If you or a loved one have suffered a serious injury after being involved in an 18-wheeler accident, contact Thomas J. Henry immediately. Our experienced commercial trucking injury attorneys are available to respond to semi-truck accidents at any hour, day or night. Our lawyers understand that the immediate acquisition of evidence is paramount to understanding how the accident occurred. We will take immediate action on your case.
Our firm has offices in Corpus Christi, San Antonio, and Austin, serving clients across Texas and nationwide. Remember, your choice does matter. Contact us today for a free legal consultation. Attorneys are available 24/7, nights and weekends.