How to Find the Best Personal Injury Lawyer in Dallas for Your Claim
If you have been injured in an accident, your best chance of securing fair financial compensation may be to file a personal injury lawsuit. Having an experienced personal injury attorney handle your claim can help ensure all of your damages are accounted for in your final settlement or judgment.
Here are a few tips on how you can find the best personal injury lawyer in Dallas for your claim.
1. Does the Attorney Have Experience in Personal Injury Law?
A law degree alone does not make a competent attorney. Before filing your personal injury lawsuit, make sure your attorney has real-world practice and courtroom experience.
It is also important to remember that different lawyers focus on different legal disciplines. While an attorney may claim to have 30 years of experience, not all of that experience may apply to your situation. For example, if 25 of the attorney’s 30 years of experience was spent practicing estate law, that experience will do you little good when pursuing a personal injury lawsuit.
Thomas J. Henry Law has focused solely on personal injury law for nearly 30 years, always on the Plaintiff’s side.
2. Do They Have Adequate Staff and Resources?
A personal injury lawsuit can be a complicated matter. A successful attorney will have the resources and support staff necessary to ensure your case is being looked at and built from all angles.
In most cases, the person, people, or entity responsible for your injuries will be provided legal representation from their insurer. Insurance companies have teams of attorneys and legal staff whose sole job is to contest liability and limit payouts. The more money your case is worth, the more they will be willing to invest into depriving you of the compensation you deserve. You need an attorney who can keep up.
Thomas J. Henry Law employs a team of more than 200 attorneys. Each of our attorneys is supported by a team of committed staff members, including file clerks, paralegals, and medical clerks. In addition, they have access to industry-leading case management technology and the financial support to ensure their clients are able to face the largest insurers and corporations in the world.
3. Is the Attorney Ready to Go to Trial?
While the vast majority of personal injury claims are settled outside of court, your attorney should be building your case as though it will go to trial from day one.
As mentioned, insurance providers and large companies are willing to fight against your claim. If they know that your attorney has limited trial experience, they will not hesitate to take your case to the courtroom. They also know that inexperienced attorneys will fold and take a low-ball offer if it means avoiding a hard-fought legal battle and the expenses that may follow if they lose.
Thomas J. Henry Law has a reputation for being a trial law firm. We have won numerous cases in front of judges and juries, and our attorneys have litigated in state and federal courts across Texas and the nation.
4. Does the Attorney Have a Good Reputation?
Above all, make sure your attorney is in good standing with the State Bar and is free of complaints and wrongdoing. While reputable attorneys consider theirs to be a noble profession, the legal industry does have its share of grifters, cheats, and cons. Where do you think all that’s jokes about lawyers come from?
The best injury attorneys will be transparent about their careers. They will be able to provide reviews and testimonials from past clients, and they will have earned accolades demonstrating their commitment to their occupation, their clients, and the justice system.
If you suspect an attorney may not be who they claim to be, contact the State Bar of Texas. They will happily provide any grievances or complaints that the attorney may have filed against them.
5. Do They Win Large Verdicts and Settlement?
The amount you get back for your injuries will be due in part to your attorney’s ability to properly argue your claim and demonstrate the extent of the damages you suffered. When considering an attorney, look at their past successes and what they have achieved for previous clients. Thomas J. Henry Law, for example, has recently secured the following:
- $50 Million for a Trucking Accident Resulting in Wrongful Death (Expenses: $1,126,381 | Attorney’s Fees: $21,000,000 | Net to Client: $27,000,000)
- $35 Million for a Trucking Accident Resulting in Wrongful Death (Expenses: $100,000.00 | Attorney’s Fees: $12,750,000.00 | Net to Client: $22,150,000.00)
- $30.2 Million for an Accident Involving a Recalled Vehicle Resulting in Spinal Cord and Back Injuries (Expenses: $39,576.15 | Attorney’s Fees: $10,060,980.00 | Net to Client: $20,121,960.57)
- $12.7 Million for a Medical Malpractice Resulting in Spinal Cord and Back Injuries (Expenses: $300.000.00 | Attorney’s Fees: $2,000,000.00 | Net to Client: $10.4 Million – Purchase of Lifetime Annuity)
- $10.9 Million for Medical Malpractice Resulting in Spinal Cord and Back Injuries (Expenses: $300,000.00 | Attorney’s Fees: $3,200,000.00 | Net to Client: $4,029,762.00 – Purchase of Lifetime Annuity)
- $10 Million for a Company Vehicle Accident Resulting in Spinal Cord and Back Injuries (Expenses: $125,000.00 | Attorney’s Fees: $4,250,000.00 | Net to Client: $5,625,000.00)
Wondering How to Find the Best Injury Attorney in Dallas?
If you are trying to find the best personal injury attorney in Dallas, Texas, take the time to d a little research. You may also want to meet with an attorney before letting them handle your claim. This is one of the reasons Thomas J. Henry Law offers free case consultations to all injured people. We want to make sure we are the right fit for your needs and earn your business.
Our attorneys are available 24/7, nights and weekends to assist you. If you are unable to visit our office, we can send an attorney directly to you. Call now.
Our Dallas Personal Injury Law Offices
- Phone number: 214-646-3953(attorneys available 24/7 to assist you)
- Address: 6031 Connection Dr, #900, Irving, Texas 75039 (walk-in Monday through Friday)