Fire Hazard Prompts Air Conditioner Recall
According to the Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC), LG Electronics USA, Inc. has recalled around 466,000 portable air conditioners in the U.S. as well as 36,000 in Canada. The portable air conditioners can overheat and expose consumers to fire risk.
Incidents and Remedies Related to the Recalled Air Conditioners
- LG Electronics has received four reports of fires causing $380,000 in property damage.
- No injuries have been reported.
- CPSC urges consumers to immediately cease use of the recalled air conditioners.
- Consumers should contact LG to schedule a free repair at an approved service center.
Details on the Recalled LG Electronics Portable Air Conditioners
- The recall applies to three models of 7,000 and 8,000 BTU LG portable air conditioners.
- Model numbers, which can be found on the product’s left side panel, included are: LP0711WNR, LP0813WNR, and LP0814WNR.
- The air conditioners are tan and white and have the LG logo on the front.
- The portable air conditioners are 30 inches in height, 12 inches in width, and 14 inches in depth. They weigh 50 lbs.
- The products were sold at Home Depot and other stores from February 2011 through August 2016 and priced at $250 to $280.
Do you really want to end conversation?