Five People Injured in Accident Involving MATA Bus
Five people in Tennessee were injured at an intersection involving a MATA bus and three other vehicles.
About the Accident in Frayser
According to WREG Memphis, the MATA bus was approaching the intersection of Frayser Boulevard and Rangeline when it was struck by a vehicle that had run a red light. The impact severely damaged the front end of both vehicles.
Images taken at the scene show that at least three vehicles, including the MATA bus, were involved in the initial crash and that a fourth vehicle was struck when the bus veered off the roadway. One person was taken to the hospital in critical condition but is expected to make a full recovery. Five others were injured.
According to local news, officers have detained one person.
Texas Crash Statistics
The information below was taken from the Texas Department of Transportation (TxDOT):
- In 2019, there were 731 people killed in crashes occurring in intersections or related to an intersection.
- Fatalities in traffic crashes in rural areas of the state accounted for 51.69% of the state’s traffic fatalities. There were 1,866 deaths in rural traffic crashes.
- Single vehicle, run-off the road crashes resulted in 1,161 deaths in 2019. This was 32.16% of all motor vehicle traffic deaths in 2019.
- There were 600 people killed in head-on crashes in 2019.
- There were no deathless days on Texas roadways in 2019.
- There was one crash that resulted in 6 or more fatalities in 2019.
Contact an Experienced Bus Accident Attorney
If you or a loved one have been injured in a bus accident, contact Thomas J. Henry. Our team of experienced bus accident attorneys are available to evaluate your claim 24/7, nights and weekends. Thomas J. Henry Law has the financial resources and the track record of winning that you need in a law firm. Contact us today for a free case review. Our firm has offices in Corpus Christi, San Antonio, and Austin, serving clients across Texas and nationwide.