Five San Antonio Residents Dead After Batesville Accident
Details of Fatal Accident
The fatal accident occurred on October 29th around 10:05 PM south of Batesville. A Toyota Camry struck a Nissan Altima after driving into an oncoming lane of traffic on US 57.
The three individuals in the Toyota Camry were 66-year-old Rudy Salas, 61-year-old Lupe Garza Salas, and 56-year-old Maryann Garcia. Rudy Salas and Lupe Garza Salas were pronounced dead at the scene of the accident. Maryann Garcia was pronounced dead after being transported to Brooke Army Medical Center in San Antonio shortly after the crash.
The two individuals in the Nissan Altima were identified as 58-year-old Lloyd Halsell and 66-year-old Darlene Wilson. Both were pronounced dead at the scene.
Fatal Accident Statistics
According to the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety Highway Loss Data Institute (IIHSHLDI), the following are statistics provided on fatal accidents:
- In 2014, 32, 672 people were killed in the U.S. due to crashes.
- In 2014, there were 29,989 fatal motor vehicle crashes in the U.S. that resulted in the above mentioned 32,675 deaths.
- In 2014, 56% of motor vehicle crash deaths involved a single-vehicle crash.
- In 2014, 72% of fatally injured passenger vehicle drivers Blood Alcohol Content (BAC) was reported.
- In 2014, 51% of motor vehicle deaths occurred in rural areas.