Information About the Lawsuit Against Lime
According to Newser, Jordan was riding a Lime e-scooter on a Fort Lauderdale street when she crashed into a car. The impact threw Jordan 100 feet and left her with a fractured skull. Jordan is in a coma and her family does not expect her to survive.
The lawsuit accuses Lime of putting customers like Jordan in danger. Florida law requires e-scooters to stay off of streets while riders can use sidewalks only in Fort Lauderdale, but the Lime app tells customers to stay on the street when riding an e-scooter, encouraging customers to violate state law.
Dangers Associated with E-Scooters
Generally, e-scooters are considered safe to use when riders take proper precautions. But there are factors that can lead to an increased risk of injury when riding an e-scooter, including rider inexperience, road hazards, and riding into pedestrian traffic.
The attorney representing Jordan’s family points to numerous incidents involving e-scooters as an indictment of how dangerous they can be. The family hopes to hold Lime accountable for promoting that type of dangerous behavior with their e-scooters.
Who Can Be Sued for an Electric Scooter Accident?
Who can be sued for an electric scooter accident is dependent on the type of accident that occurred and who was responsible for that accident. It is important to remember that there is no source of liability insurance when it comes to electric scooters, so legal action against the responsible party is often the only means of financial recovery.
Depending on the circumstances of your electric scooter accident, you may be able to seek compensation from:
- The Rider: If your injures were the caused by a negligent or reckless scooter rider, then the rider can be held legally accountable for you injuries.
- The Scooter Company: If a defect, design flaw, or malfunction contributed in any way to your accident and injuries, you can seek financial from the scooter’s manufacturer.
- Motorists: If you injuries were the result of an accident caused by a negligent driver, you could seek compensation from the driver involved.
- Pedestrian at Fault: If the actions of a pedestrian caused your accident – for example, they suddenly stepped into the path of a scooter rider – then you may be able hold the pedestrian accountable for your injuries.
- The City: If a pothole or road defect caused your scooter accident, you may be able to seek financial recovery from the city.
Contact an Experienced Electric Scooter Accident Attorney
If you or a loved one have been injured in an electric scooter accident, call Thomas J. Henry today. Our experienced San Antonio electric scooter accident lawyers are available 24/7, nights and weekends to hear your claim. Scooter accidents can cause great physical and financial harm to an individual and their family. We can help you address medical bills and living costs, letting you focus on healing while we take care of the ongoing legal processes. It is our goal to ensure our clients are taken care of while our injury attorneys fight relentless to obtain the real result you need.
Don’t wait — contact Thomas J. Henry today for a free legal consultation. Our firm has offices in Corpus Christi, San Antonio, Austin, El Paso, and Houston, serving clients across Texas and nationwide. Call us today for a free case review — attorneys are available 24/7, nights and weekends.