About the Infant Sleeper Recalls
According to the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission, four large companies, Evenflo, Summer Infant, Graco, and Delta Children, each voluntarily recalled thousands of their infant sleeper products this past week.
Evidence supported by researchers and consumer reports showed a correlation between inclined infant sleepers and infant fatalities where the babies died from suffocation. Caregivers and parents are extremely advised to stop any use of the sleepers and contact their respective companies for refunds. 73 infant fatalities have been reported to date due to the infant sleepers from varying manufacturers over time.
While, the newly recalled items from the four companies mentioned above have had no fatalities associated with their products, it is still advised to not use the inclined sleepers at all. Infants should only be placed to sleep on their backs in firm, flat surfaces such as a crib or bassinet with no soft clutter nearby to avoid choking.
Description of the Four Companies and their Recalled Products
- Graco: one of the world’s most popular, trusted, and safety concerned baby product manufacturers
- Recall Product: Little Lounger Rocking Seat
- Amount Recalled: 111,000
- Evenflo: well-known company with the mission of being a partner to the parents providing safe, quality baby products
- Recall Product: Pillo Portable Napper
- Amount Recalled: 3,100
- Summer Infant: award winning baby product company famous for monitors, lights, and more
- Recall Product: SwaddleMe By Your Bed Sleeper inclined sleeper
- Amount Recalled: 46,300
- Delta Children: nursery furniture manufactures guaranteed for safety
- Recall Product: Beautyrest Beginnings Incline Sleeper with Adjustable Feeding Position for Newborns; Disney Baby Minnie Mouse Incline Sleeper with Adjustable Feeding Position for Newborns; Delta Children Deluxe 3-in-1 Activity Rocker, Feeder and Sleeper; Simmons Kids Beautyrest Deluxe 3-in-1 Activity Rocker, Feeder, and Sleeper; 3-in-1 Activity Rocker, Feeder and Incline Sleeper and more
- Amount Recalled: 5,900
Contact an Experienced Child Injury Attorney
At Thomas J. Henry Injury Attorneys, we have the experience and resources to handle your child’s case. If your child has been the victim of a serious injury caused by a defective crib, playpen, or bassinet, contact our offices. We are available 24/7, nights and weekends. If you are unable to make it to one of our offices, we will send one of our attorneys to you. Let us help you and your child achieve justice and compensation for injuries caused by a crib manufacturer’s negligence. Call us today for a free legal consultation.