A South Austin crash resulted in four adults being hospitalized at multiple medical centers on Saturday, November 7.
About the South Austin Collision
CBS Austin News reports that emergency services were alerted to an accident at the intersection of South 1st Street and West Mary Street at around 3:00 am. Two separate cars were involved in the crash. Authorities had to rescue two trapped victims.
Two victims were rushed to Dell Seton Medical Center, one of whom was listed in critical condition. The other two were sent to St. David’s South Austin Medical Center.
Official ATCEMS Tweets
- UPDATE 2 Vehicle Rescue at S 1st St / W Mary St: Updated total patient count is 4, all Trauma Alerts, all adults. #ATCEMSMedics have transported 2 patients to St. David’s South Austin Medical Center with potentially serious injuries. More information to follow.
- FINAL Vehicle Rescue at S 1st St / W Mary St: #ATCEMSMedics have transported the final patient to Dell Seton Medical Center with potentially serious, not expected to be life threatening injuries. No other information available, EMS is clear the scene.
Texas Car Crash Statistics
According to the Texas Department of Transportation (TxDOT):
- 3,721 people were killed in traffic collisions in Texas in 2017.
- 761 of those deaths were associated with crashes that occurred at or in relation to an intersection.
- An additional 254,853 people were killed in traffic accidents in 2017.
- On average:
- One person was killed in a traffic accident in Texas every 2 hours and 21 minutes in 2017.
- A person was injured every 2 minutes and 4 seconds.
- A reportable crash occurred every 59 seconds.
Contact an Experienced Austin Auto Accident Attorney
Have you or a loved one been injured in a car crash in Austin? Our experienced car accident attorneys in Austin are available 24/7 to take your call and provide you with a free legal consultation. Thomas J. Henry has a track record of achieving real result for clients suffering from serious and debilitating injuries. Let our team of attorneys help you navigate the legal process while you focus on healing. Call today to speak with an attorney, or fill out the contact form on this page and we will contact you.