Four Vehicle Accident in Angelina County Kills Two
Two people have died as a result of a four-vehicle accident that occurred in Angelina County over the weekend. Several others were hospitalized.
Details of the Fatal Angelina County Accident
According to CBS Austin, the crash began when a tire blew out on a 2017 Ford F-350 pickup truck driven by 30-year-old Gabrila Godoy. The truck then crossed the median into oncoming traffic where it crashed head-on into a 2014 Dodge pickup driven by Alicia Stephenson, 33.
The Ford F-350 then collided with a 2008 Honda driven by Hannah Fowler, 31, and the Dodge pickup crashed into a 2017 Ford F-150 pickup driven by Misty Denton, 46.
A 13-year-old female passenger in the Dodge pickup, driven by Stephenson, was pronounced dead at the scene. Stephenson was transported to a Houston hospital and died Monday.
The driver of the F-350, Gabrila Godoy, and her three passengers were transported to CHI St. Luke’s Hospital in Lufkin. The passengers were an 11-year-old male, a 9-year-old female, and a 4-year-old male.
The driver of the F-150, Denton, was transported to Woodland Heights Hospital while the driver of the Honda, Fowler was treated at the scene and released.
Texas Car Accident Statistics 2018
Information provided by the Texas Department of Transportation (TxDOT):
- There were 12,161 serious injury crashes in Texas in 2018 with 14,908 people sustaining a serious injury.
- There were 701 people killed in crashes occurring in intersections or related to an intersection.
- There were 548 people killed in head-on crashes in 2018.
- There were no deathless days on Texas roadways in 2018.
- There were 940 people killed in motor vehicle traffic crashes where a driver was under the influence of alcohol. This is 26% of the total number of people killed in motor vehicle traffic crashes.
Contact an Experienced Austin Auto Accident Attorney
Have you or a loved one been injured in a car crash? Our experienced Austin car accident lawyers are available 24/7 to take your call and provide you with a free consultation. Thomas J. Henry has a track record of achieving real results for clients suffering from serious and debilitating car accident injuries and was selected as one of the 2021’s Best Car Accident Lawyers in Austin by Expertise.
Let our attorneys navigate the legal process and deal with the insurance companies so you can focus on getting better. Call today to speak with an attorney or fill out the contact form on this page and we will contact you.
Our Austin, Texas Personal Injury Law Offices
- Phone Number: (512) 520-0221 (attorneys available 24/7, nights and weekends)
- Address:4401 West Gate Blvd Suite 200, Austin, TX 78745 (walk-in Monday through Friday)