Two people are dead and four others are injured as a result of a head-on crash in Guadalupe County on Saturday morning.
About the Guadalupe County Head-On Collision
According to The Seguin Gazette, the crash occurred around 8:25 am on State Highway 123 near Elm Creek Road, just north of Seguin.
Reports say Christopher Lee Commiato, 41, of Round Rock was driving an SUV southbound on the highway when for an unknown reason he crossed into opposing traffic and collided with a Toyota Tundra head-on.
Commiato and one of his passengers, 43-year-old Crystal Marie Commiato Martinez, were declared dead at the scene. Four other people were injured in the crash including an 8-year-old boy riding in the Tundra. The boy and an adult were initially listed in critical condition, but their condition has stabilized.
The crash remains under investigation.
What to Do If a Car Is Traveling in the Wrong Direction
Seeing an oncoming vehicle barreling down your lane of traffic can be horrifying; however, it is important to remain as calm as possible and take appropriate evasive action.
- Remove your foot from the accelerator and begin applying the brakes. Do this quickly, but in a controlled manner. Do not slam on the brakes.
- Flash your headlights and blare your horn to catch the oncoming driver’s attention.
- Steer to the right of the oncoming vehicle. You may be tempted to move left into oncoming lanes, but if the oncoming driver corrects course, you will collide head-on.
- Try to steer into a clear area. Look for a clear shoulder or level terrain.
- If necessary, driver off the road. It is better to crash into a ditch than collide with another vehicle head-on.
- Call the police and report the driver. Even if you are able to make it through unscathed, your call to the police could save lives further down the road.
Injured in a Crash? Call Thomas J. Henry Law
If you or a loved one have been injured in a car crash in or near Austin, call Thomas J. Henry Law to start your claim.
Car accident injuries can be long-lasting, possibly resulting in life-long pain and debilitation. This can result in expensive bills, putting your entire family’s financial future at risk. Thomas J. Henry Law can help you secure the compensation you need and deserve. We will also seek damages tied to the pain and anguish you have suffered as a result of your car crash.
Do not wait, our attorneys are standing by 24/7. Call now to speak with an experienced Austin car accident attorney.