High School Student Killed in Two-Car Collision
A Hays County high school student was killed Wednesday afternoon as a result of a two-vehicle collision in Buda, Texas.
Details of the Fatal Buda Accident
KVUE reports that 16-year-old Brynn Aylor was fatally injured after being involved in a two car crash in the 2600 block of Jack C Hays Trail.
Police responded to the scene around 4:30 pm. Aylor was pronounced dead at the scene.
Two females in the second vehicle were transported to the hospital where they were listed in serious condition.
Aylor was a 10th-grade student of Hays County ISD and was a member of her school’s softball team.
Troopers are still trying to determine the cause of the fatal collision.
Texas Car Crash Statistics
The following information was provided by the Texas Department of Transportation (TxDOT):
- 3,531 traffic-related fatalities were recorded in Texas in 2015. This marked little charge from the 3,536 deaths recorded in 2014.
- Of the fatalities recorded in 2015, 1,925 were recorded in rural areas of the state.
- An additional 246,335 people were injured in auto accidents in Texas in 2015 with 17,011 people suffering serious injuries.
- Based on reportable crash data for 2015, TxDOT estimates:
- One person was killed in a traffic accident in Texas every 2 hours and 29 minutes.
- One person was injured every 2 minutes and 8 seconds.
- A reportable crash occurred every 61 seconds.
Do you really want to end conversation?