Two people are dead and several others are injured as a result of a crash on Interstate 10 just outside of Beaumont.
Details of the Fatal Beaumont Crash
According to 12 News Now, the fatal crash happened on Interstate 10 at Highway 365 around 8:20 pm.
Police say a 2004 Honda passenger car driven by Kelvin Rivera, 28, of Houston, crossed into the eastbound lanes and struck a 2019 Dodge passenger van driven by Andresina Borja, 32, of San Antonio.
A passenger in the Honda, 40-year-old Tulio Funes Canales, and a passenger in the Dodge, 71-year-old Timotea Borja, was killed in the crash. Another passenger in the Dodge was transported by helicopter to a Houston hospital.
Both driver and the remaining passenger in the Dodge were transported to Southeast Texas Hospital for treatment.
The crash remains under investigation.
Texas Car Accident Statistics 2018
Information provided by the Texas Department of Transportation (TxDOT):
- There were 12,161 serious injury crashes in Texas in 2018 with 14,908 people sustaining a serious injury.
- There were 701 people killed in crashes occurring in intersections or related to an intersection.
- There were 548 people killed in head-on crashes in 2018.
- There were no deathless days on Texas roadways in 2018.
- There were 940 people killed in motor vehicle traffic crashes where a driver was under the influence of alcohol. This is 26% of the total number of people killed in motor vehicle traffic crashes.
Contact an Experienced Texas Car Accident Attorney
If you or a loved one have been injured in a car crash, contact Thomas J. Henry Law. Our experienced Texas car accident lawyers have experience handling a multitude of injury accidents, no matter how severe the crash or injury. You may be entitled to compensation for your damages if another driver acted negligently. Our firm has the experienced lawyers and financial resources that you need to achieve the real results you deserve.
Our firm has offices in Corpus Christi, San Antonio, and Austin serving clients across Texas and nationwide. Call us today for a free case review — attorneys are available 24/7, nights and weekends. If you cannot make it to our office, we can visit you at your home, in the hospital, or at work.