Keithville Student Killed in Drunk Driving Crash Near Dallas
An 8th grader from Keithville Elementary Middle School was killed Saturday, October 2, in a crash involving a suspected drunk driver.
Details of the Fatal Dallas Drunk Driving Accident
According to KSLA, 13-year-old Oxford “Ox” Foster was traveling home from a school football game with his mother Teresa Foster.
As the vehicle slowed for a wreck further up Interstate 20, a suspected drunk driver slammed into the back of the SUV, sending it roughly 60 yards of the interstate. Ox was killed on impact, and the suspected drunk driver was arrested.
Teresa Foster suffered a head injury and was transported to the hospital. She was released Sunday morning.
Texas Drunk Driving Accident Statistics
The following information was provided by the Texas Department of Transportation (TxDOT):
- 3,773 people were killed in Texas traffic accidents in 2016, marking a 5.45% increase from the 3,578 deaths reported in 2015.
- 638 of the deaths reported in 2016 were attributed to a head-on collision.
- Alcohol was determined to be a factor in 987 traffic deaths, accounting for roughly 26% of all Texas traffic fatalities.
- An additional 264,076 people were injured in auto accidents in Texas in 2016.
- Based on reportable data for 2016, TxDOT estimates:
- One person was killed in a traffic accident every 2 hours and 20 minutes.
- One person was injured every 1 minute and 59 seconds.
- A reportable crash occurred every 57 seconds.
Contact an Experienced Dallas Drunk Driving Accident Lawyer
If you or a loved one have been injured in a drunk driving accident in or around Dallas, call Thomas J. Henry Law. Our Dallas car accident lawyers have represented clients across Texas for more than 25 years. We have the experience and knowledge to handle your case effectively and aggressively, and we will work diligently to put you in the best position to recover maximum compensation.
Our lawyers are available 24/7, nights and weekends. If you are unable to travel to our offices, we can send an attorney directly to you. Call now for your FREE case consultation.