Harley-Davidson Co. has been named in a lawsuit following a recall concerning defective brakes. In the lawsuit, an Austin resident alleges a brake failure caused him lose control of his motorcycle and crash.
Details of the Harley-Davidson Brake Failure
According to the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel, John Alexander Gifford was riding home from work in 2016 when the brakes on his Harley-Davidson Night Rod motorcycle failed to engage. As a result of the failure, he lost control of his motorcycle and crashed into trees near the road.
Gifford has undergone at least 11 surgeries as a result of the accident. He is now suing Harley-Davidson for his injuries.
Citing issues with anti-lock brakes, Harley-Davidson recalled more than 251,000 motorcycles worldwide, with nearly 175,000 of those recalls occurring in the United States.
Vehicles Affected by the Harley-Davidson Brake Recall
Motorcycles Included in the Harley-Davidson Brake Recall
The recall may include the following 2008-2011 Harley-Davidson motorcycles:
- All years
- Road King (FLHR)
- Road King Police (EFI) (FLHP)
- Road King Police (EFI) (FLHPE)
- Electra Glide Standard Police (EFI) (FLHTP)
- Electra Glide Classic (EFI) (FLHTC)
- Electra Glide Ultra Classic (EFI) (FLHTCU)
- Street Glide (EFI) (FLHX)
- VROD (VRSCAWA)
- CVO Road King 4 (FLHRSE4)
- Night Rod (VRSCDA)
- CVO Ultra Classic 3 (FLHTCUSE3)
- Night Rod Special (VRSCDXA)
- Road King Classic (EFI) (FLHRC)
- Road Glide (EFI) (FLTR)
- Electra Glide Standard (EFI) (FLHT)
- V-Rod (VRSCAW)
- CVO Ultra Classic (FLHTCUSE4)
- CVO Road Glide 3 (FLTRSE3)
- Night Rod Special (VRSCDX)
- V-Rod Muscle (VRSCF)
- CVO Ultra Classic 5 (FLHTCUSE5)
- CVO Street Glide (FLHXSE)
- Electra Glide Ultra Limited (FLHTK)
- Road Glide Custom (FLTRX)
- Road Glide Ultra 103 (FLTRU103)
- Street Glide 103 (FLHX103)
- Road King Classic 103 (FLHRC103)
- CVO Ultra Classic 6 (FLHTCUSE6)
- CVO Road Glide Ultra (FLTRUSE)
- Road Glide Custom 103 (FLTRX103)
- CVO Street Glide 2 (FLHXSE2)
Contact an Experienced Motorcycle Recall Attorney
Thomas J. Henry Injury Attorneys are leaders in the area of product liability litigation. Our Defective Drug and Products Division has extensive knowledge and resources in order to represent our clients efficiently and aggressively. We represent a multitude of people who are battling against manufacturers of defective vehicles and auto parts.
Your choice does matter. If you or a loved one has suffered serious injuries because of a recalled vehicle or defective auto part, call Thomas J. Henry Injury Attorneys immediately. We represent clients/victims all over the country. We are available 24/7, nights and weekends.