A man in his 40s was pronounced dead Monday night following a hit-and-run crash a block away from the River Walk in downtown San Antonio.
Details of the Fatal San Antonio Hit-and-Run
KENS 5 reports the crash occurred around 9:30 pm at the intersection of College Street and Navarro Street.
Police say a pedestrian was struck by a dark-colored Dodge that fled the scene. The victim was transported to Brooke Army Medical Center in critical condition and was later pronounced dead.
The driver will face charges for not stopping to render aid. Anyone with information on the accident is urged to call SAPD.
Safety Tips for Pedestrians
- Use sidewalks whenever they’re available. If there’s no sidewalk, walk on the left side of the road facing traffic.
- Always cross at intersections or marked crosswalks. Look left, then right, then left again before proceeding.
- Make eye contact with drivers before crossing the street. Never assume a driver sees you.
- Be visible. Wear something light or reflective after dark.
- Don’t be distracted by devices that take your eyes and ears off the road.
- As a passenger, get in or out of a vehicle on the curbside of the street.
Lost a Loved One in an Accident? Call Thomas J. Henry Law
If you have lost a loved one to negligence or reckless behavior, call Thomas J. Henry Law. We have represented families in wrongful death claims for more than 25 years. We have the resources and experience to handle your claim with the tenacity you deserve and will work to ensure you are in the best position to recover the compensation you deserve.
Our Austin wrongful death attorneys are available 24/7 to hear your claim. Call now for your free case consultation.