A man is dead after being struck by a car while attempting to cross Loop 410 in Northwest San Antonio.
About the Northwest San Antonio Accident
KSAT News says the man was struck by a car while running across Loop 410 near Evers early Sunday morning, December 20.
Witnesses reported seeing the man on the road before the crash; however, authorities believe the woman did not have adequate time to react to and avoid the pedestrian.
San Antonio Police have excused the incident as a total accident and have decided to not press charges against the driver. The names of the driver and deceased victim have not yet been released to the public.
Texas Motor Vehicle Traffic Statistics 2018
Information taken from the Texas Department of Transportation (TxDOT):
- There were 12,161 serious injury crashes in Texas in 2018 with 14,908 people sustaining a serious injury.
- There were 701 people killed in crashes occurring in intersections or related to an intersection.
- There were 548 people killed in head-on crashes in 2018.
- There were no deathless days on Texas roadways in 2018.
- There were 940 people killed in motor vehicle traffic crashes where a driver was under the influence of alcohol. This is 26% of the total number of people killed in motor vehicle traffic crashes.
Injured in a Crash? Contact an Experienced San Antonio Auto Accident Lawyer
Were you injured in a traffic accident in San Antonio or a surrounding area? Our San Antonio auto accident lawyers are available 24/7 to assist you and provide you with a free legal consultation. Contact Thomas J. Henry Law today for more information about the services we provide to clients in San Antonio, Texas.
Our San Antonio Personal Injury Law Offices
- Phone number: 210-941-2191 (attorneys available 24/7 to assist you)
- Address: 5710 W Hausman Rd, Suite 108, San Antonio, Texas 78249