A man is dead and three young children were injured as a result of a rollover crash in southern Dallas on Monday night.
Details of the Fatal Dallas Crash
According to WFAA, the crash occurred around 10:15 pm in the 7000 block of Great Trinity Forest Way, between South Jim Miller Road and U.S. 175.
Reports indicate a 2000 Nissan Pathfinder was traveling on Great Trinity Forest Way when it struck a curb and went airborne. The vehicle rolled several times before coming to rest on the side of the road.
All of the vehicle’s occupants were ejected from the vehicle. The driver died at the scene, and the three children were rushed to Children’s Medical Center. One of the children is listed in serious condition while the other two are expected to survive their injuries.
The accident remains under investigation, and the identities of those involved in the crash have not been released.
Texas Car Accident Statistics 2018
Information provided by the Texas Department of Transportation (TxDOT):
- There were 12,161 serious injury crashes in Texas in 2018 with 14,908 people sustaining a serious injury.
- There were 701 people killed in crashes occurring in intersections or related to an intersection.
- There were 548 people killed in head-on crashes in 2018.
- There were no deathless days on Texas roadways in 2018.
- There were 940 people killed in motor vehicle traffic crashes where a driver was under the influence of alcohol. This is 26% of the total number of people killed in motor vehicle traffic crashes.
Contact an Experienced Dallas Car Accident Attorney
If you or a loved one have been injured in a car crash, contact Thomas J. Henry Law. Our experienced car accident attorneys have experience handling a multitude of injury accidents, no matter how severe the crash or injury. You may be entitled to compensation for your damages if another driver acted negligently. Our firm has the experienced lawyers and financial resources that you need to achieve the real results you deserve.
Call us today for a free case review — attorneys are available 24/7, nights and weekends. If you cannot make it to our office, we can visit you at your home, in the hospital, or at work.