Man Killed After Being Ejected from Car in Bus Wreck in San Antonio
Authorities are investigating a fatal bus accident in San Antonio that left one man dead last month.
About the Intersection Bus Strike
KSAT News states that an unidentified man in his 30’s died in a sudden bus wreck on January 17. The male was reportedly driving a silver sedan when he ran a stop sign and struck a VIA bus at the intersection of Commercial Avenue and Grosvenor Street.
The impact caused the driver to be ejected out of his vehicle and into a nearby parking lot. The sedan flipped and came to rest on top of the victim, killing him.
SAPD and emergency officials were alerted to the scene. At least two individuals faced minor injuries on the bus.
No charges have been issued out as of yet.
Large Truck and Bus Crash Facts 2017
The information below was provided by the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration:
- In 2017, 4,889 large trucks and buses were involved in fatal crashes, a 9-percent increase from 2016.
- On average, from 2007 to 2017, intercity buses accounted for 13 percent, and school buses and transit buses accounted for 40 percent and 35 percent, respectively, of all buses involved in fatal crashes.
- In 2017, there were 73 school buses and 13 intercity buses involved in fatal crashes, the lowest numbers recorded since FARS began in 1975.
- Fatal crashes involving large trucks often occur in rural areas and on Interstate highways. Approximately 57 percent of all fatal crashes involving large trucks occurred in rural areas, 27 percent occurred on Interstate highways, and 13 percent fell into both categories by occurring on rural Interstate highways.
- Thirty-five percent of all fatal crashes, 22 percent of all injury crashes, and 20 percent of all property damage only crashes involving large trucks occurred at night (6:00 pm to 6:00 am).
Contact an Experienced Bus Accident Attorney
If you or a loved one have been injured in a bus accident, contact Thomas J. Henry. Our team of experienced bus accident attorneys is available to evaluate your claim 24/7, nights and weekends. Thomas J. Henry Law has the financial resources and the track record of winning that you need in a law firm. Contact us today for a free case review. Our firm has offices in Corpus Christi, San Antonio, and Austin, serving clients across Texas and nationwide.
In the event that a loved one has been killed in an accident, Thomas J. Henry Law will make sure your claim is handled by one of our Texas wrongful death attorneys. Our wrongful death lawyers have the expertise necessary to prove your claim to compensation and help your family prepare for the expenses and damages caused by the sudden loss of a loved one.