A man was instantly killed in a hit-and-run crash that occurred in Northeast Bexar County on December 15.
Details of the Bexar County Hit-and-Run
Reports from News 4 SA say 54-year-old Joseph Colbert was walking along Winsford Street near Montgomery Drive late Tuesday, December 15, when he was struck by a vehicle. Emergency officials attempted to save Colbert who was found lying in the center of the road, but he was declared dead at the scene.
The suspected driver allegedly fled the scene of the crime without administering any sort of aid or contacting authorities. Officers are currently searching for the suspect by investigating witness accounts.
Crashes and Injuries in Bexar County 2019 (TxDot)
- Fatal Crashes: 175
- Fatalities: 177
- Suspected Serious Crashes: 707
- Suspected Serious Injuries: 832
- Total Crashes: 50,796
Texas Motor Vehicle Traffic Statistics 2018
Information taken from the Texas Department of Transportation (TxDOT):
- There were 12,161 serious injury crashes in Texas in 2018 with 14,908 people sustaining a serious injury.
- There were 701 people killed in crashes occurring in intersections or related to an intersection.
- There were 548 people killed in head-on crashes in 2018.
- There were no deathless days on Texas roadways in 2018.
- There were 940 people killed in motor vehicle traffic crashes where a driver was under the influence of alcohol. This is 26% of the total number of people killed in motor vehicle traffic crashes.
Injured in a Crash? Contact an Experienced San Antonio Auto Accident Lawyer
Were you injured in a traffic accident in San Antonio or a surrounding area? Our San Antonio auto accident lawyers are available 24/7 to assist you and provide you with a free legal consultation. Contact Thomas J. Henry Law today for more information about the services we provide to clients in San Antonio, Texas.
Our San Antonio Personal Injury Law Offices
- Phone number: 210-941-2191 (attorneys available 24/7 to assist you)
- Address: 5710 W Hausman Rd, Suite 108, San Antonio, Texas 78249