A man is dead after his car crashed into a large truck and caught on fire in San Antonio Saturday night.
Details of the Fatal San Antonio Truck Accident
According to KSAT, the fatal crash occurred in the 10300 block of SE Loop 410 around 11:50 pm.
Police say the man was traveling eastbound in a Ford Fusion when he rear-ended a tractor-trailer that was merging from the right shoulder back into traffic.
The Ford caught on fire with the man trapped inside. He was pronounced dead at the scene.
Police are investigating the fatal crash. The identities of the people involved have not been released.
Texas Truck Accident Statistics
- According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), there were 433,000 accidents involving large trucks reported in 2017.
- 4,761 people were killed in trucking accidents with large trucks accounting for nine percent of all vehicles involved in fatal accidents.
- Of the deaths that occurred in trucking crashes in 2017, only 18 percent were truck drivers. The remaining 82 percent were occupants of other vehicles, bicyclists, and pedestrians.
- Texas has remained the state with the most recorded truck accident deaths for years and recorded 649 truck accident fatalities in 2017. California was a distant second with 361 deaths.
Have You Lost a Loved One in a Truck Accident? Call Thomas J. Henry Law
If you have lost a loved one to a truck accident involving a negligent truck driver or trucking company, call Thomas J. Henry Law for immediate assistance.
Trucking accidents are complex matters, especially when they result in the death of an innocent motorist. Our San Antonio wrongful death lawyers can help you and your family secure the compensation you deserve while holding those responsible for your loved one’s death liable for their actions.
Call now for your FREE case consultation.
Our San Antonio Personal Injury Law Offices
- Phone number: 210-941-2191(attorneys available 24/7 to assist you)
- Address:5710 W Hausman Rd, Suite 108, San Antonio, Texas 78249