Man Killed in Head-On Collision in Northwest Austin
A 57-year-old man was killed last week as a result of a head-on collision in northwest Austin last week.
Details of the Fatal Austin Head-On Collision
According to KXAN, the fatal crash occurred in the 7400 block of McNeil Drive on September 7. The deceased victim has been identified as Hunt Slone, 57.
Police say Sloane was traveling westbound on McNeil Drive in a black Mazda when it collided head-on with a Toyota around 9:18 pm. Details of the events leading up to the accident were not immediately available.
Anyone with information on the accident should call the Highway Investigation tip line at (512) 974-8111 or Crime Stoppers tip line at (512) 472-8177.
This is the 78th fatal crash recorded in Austin this year, resulting in the 84th death. In 2020, there were 59 fatal crashes leading to 64 deaths.
What to Do If a Car Is Traveling the Wrong Direction
Seeing an oncoming vehicle barreling down your lane of traffic can be horrifying; however, it is important to remain as calm as possible and take appropriate evasive action.
- Removed your foot from the accelerator and begin applying the brakes. Do this quickly, but in a controlled manner. Do not slam on the brakes.
- Flash your headlights and blare your horn catch the oncoming driver’s attention.
- Steer to the right of the oncoming vehicle. You may be tempted to move left into oncoming lanes, but if the oncoming driver corrects course, you will collide head-on.
- Try to steer into a clear area. Look for a clear shoulder or level terrain.
- If necessary, driver off the road. It is better to crash into a ditch than collide with another vehicle head-on.
- Call the police and report the driver. Even if you are able to make it through unscathed, your call to the police could save lives further down the road.
Injured in a Crash? Call Thomas J. Henry Law
If you have been injured in a car accident in Austin or a surrounding area, contact Thomas J. Henry Law now. Our Austin car accident attorneys can help put you in the best position to obtain maximum compensation for your injuries and damages. Do not risk your claim, call now for a FREE case review.
We are available 24/7, nights and weekends to assist you.