Austin police have identified the man who was killed in a motorcycle accident in Austin earlier this month.
Details of the Fatal Austin Motorcycle Accident
KXAN reports the crash occurred on September 8 around 5:54 pm.
Police say Matthew Crohn, 36, was riding a 2017 Honda motorcycle in the 12300 block of North Lamar Boulevard when he collided with a 2011 Acura that was making a left turn from the center lane.
Crohn was pronounced dead at the scene.
The accident remains under investigation.
Texas Motorcycle Accident Statistics
The following information was provided by the Texas Department of Transportation (TxDOT):
- 3,531 people were killed in traffic collisions in Texas in 2015, marking little change from the 3,536 deaths recorded in 2014.
- Motorcyclists (passengers and operators) accounted for 459 of the fatalities recorded in 2015.
- Of the 459 motorcyclists killed, roughly 52 percent were not wearing a helmet at the time of their collision.
- An additional 246,335 people were injured in traffic accidents in Texas in 2015.
Injured in a Motorcycle Accident? Call Thomas J. Henry Law
If you or a loved one has been injured in a motorcycle accident, call Thomas J. Henry Law. Our San Antonio motorcycle accident lawyers have the experience and the resources to handle your claim.
We are available 24/7, nights and weekends, to assist you.
Our San Antonio Personal Injury Law Offices
- Phone number: 210-941-2191 (attorneys available 24/7 to assist you)
- Address: 5710 W Hausman Rd, Suite 108, San Antonio, Texas 78249