Man Killed in San Antonio Head-On Collision
A man was killed Tuesday after his vehicle veered into oncoming traffic and slammed into a pickup.
Details of the Fatal San Antonio Collision
According to KSAT, the crash occurred in the northbound lanes of Roosevelt Avenue.
Police say a man was driving a silver car erratically when he drove into oncoming traffic in the 3700 block of Roosevelt Avenue and collided with a red truck. The driver of the silver car, a man in his 20s, was pronounced dead at the scene.
The driver of the pickup was not transported to the hospital, but his front-seat passenger was.
Police have not released the name of those involved and the accident remains under investigation.
What to Do If a Car Is Traveling the Wrong Direction
Seeing an oncoming vehicle barreling down your lane of traffic can be horrifying; however, it is important to remain as calm as possible and take appropriate evasive action.
- Removed your foot from the accelerator and begin applying the brakes. Do this quickly, but in a controlled manner. Do not slam on the brakes.
- Flash your headlights and blare your horn to catch the oncoming driver’s attention.
- Steer to the right of the oncoming vehicle. You may be tempted to move left into oncoming lanes, but if the oncoming driver corrects course, you will collide head-on.
- Try to steer into a clear area. Look for a clear shoulder or level terrain.
- If necessary, driver off the road. It is better to crash into a ditch than collide with another vehicle head-on.
- Call the police and report the driver. Even if you are able to make it through unscathed, your call to the police could save lives further down the road.
Injured in a Crash? Contact an Experienced San Antonio Car Accident Lawyer
Were you injured in a traffic accident in San Antonio or a surrounding area? Our San Antonio car accident lawyers are available 24/7 to assist you and provide you with a free legal consultation. Contact Thomas J. Henry Law today for more information about the services we provide to clients in San Antonio, Texas.
Remember, you do not have to face your accident and injuries alone. We are here to help you during your time of need. This includes help with medical appointments, transportation, and cash advancements on qualified cases. Let our attorneys deal with the insurers and your claim so you can focus on what’s really important: getting better.
Our San Antonio Personal Injury Law Offices
- Phone number: 210-941-2191 (attorneys available 24/7 to assist you)
- Address: 5710 W Hausman Rd, Suite 108, San Antonio, Texas 78249