Man Killed in San Antonio Truck Accident, Bystander Injured While Trying to Help
One person is dead and three others are injured following a crash on U.S. Highway 281 near Mogford Road Saturday night.
Details of the Fatal San Antonio Crash
KENS 5 reports that crash occurred at around 9 pm. Police say a man was possibly ejected from his pickup truck after rear-ending a tractor-trailer.
A bystander stopped to try an help the driver of the pickup, but was struck by a car.
The driver of the pickup was airlifted to University Hospital in critical condition but later died. Three others including the bystander were transported to other hospitals.
The accident remains under investigation.
Texas Truck Accident Statistics
- The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) recorded 438,000 trucking accidents in the U.S. in 2014.
- These accidents result in 3,903 deaths and 111,000 injuries.
- Of those killed in trucking accidents:
- 17 percent were occupants of large trucks
- 73 percent were occupants of other vehicles
- 10 percent were listed as nonoccupants, including bicyclists and pedestrians
- Texas led the nation in trucking accident fatalities with 553 trucking-related deaths reported. California followed Texas with 300 recorded deaths.
Injured in a Trucking Accident? Contact an Experienced San Antonio Truck Accident Lawyer
Thomas J. Henry has been representing victims of negligent truck drivers and transportation companies for more than 24 years. We are committed to the success of our clients and have built a reputation for securing favorable settlements and verdicts against large transportation companies.
Contact us today for a FREE case consultation with a licensed San Antonio personal injury attorney. Let us help you get the compensation you deserve. Attorneys are standing by. Our firm has experienced truck accident attorneys in San Antonio ready to assist you 24/7, nights and weekends.