How Can Our Truck and Commercial Vehicle Accident Attorneys in San Antonio Help Your Case?
Since 1993, our law firm has helped clients injured in trucking accidents recover the compensation they deserve. From gathering evidence to communications with insurance companies to representing our clients’ interests in trial, we handle all aspects of your claim so you can focus on getting better.
Trucking accidents are complex, and you do not want to face the trucking company’s lawyers alone. You need someone in your corner with the experience and the resources to demonstrate the validity of your claims. Our results-driven team of attorneys can do that for you.
Remember, Thomas J. Henry Law works on a contingency fee basis. We believe every victim deserves to be heard, regardless of their ability to afford an attorney. As such, our clients pay us nothing unless and until we win their case. We collect a pre-agreed upon percentage, so there are no hidden fees or surprise expenses.
Who Can Be Sued in a Trucking Accident?
Texas law allows plaintiffs to pursue legal action against any person, entity, or organization that caused or contributed to their trucking accident. This means your lawsuit is not limited to the truck driver. Among those that can be sued in a San Antonio trucking accident lawsuit are:
- The Truck Driver: A truck driver may be sued if a crash was caused by their error or negligence. This includes reckless driving, distracted driving, driving while intoxicated, and other unsafe driving behaviors.
- The Trucking Company: Trucking companies are responsible for the actions of their drivers while on the clock. They can also be help liable for violating state and federal regulations regarding who can drive a truck, how long drivers can drive, and how much weight a vehicle can haul.
- Manufacturers: If a defective part contributed to your crash, you may be able to sue the company that manufactures the part.
- Repair Shops: Shoddy repairs on motor vehicles can be dangerous. This is especially true for large trucks. If a repair shop failed to due quality work, and their failure contributed to your crash, you can seek compensation from them.
- Shippers: If a shipper failed to advise a truck driver or their employer of a dangerous good or hazardous material in their cargo, you may be able to sue the shipper if the product contributed to your injuries or accident.
Determining Fault in a San Antonio Trucking Accident
Determining fault in traffic accidents can be difficult as multiple parties may be at fault for a single truck crash, including the truck driver, the driver’s employer, and the manufacturer of the truck and its parts. Also, because Texas follows a “modified comparative fault” rule, you can still receive compensation even if you are partly responsible for a trucking accident.
A competent truck accident lawyer will take the necessary steps to collect evidence related to your accident and work to determine who can be held responsible for your injuries – whether it is a single person or a collection of negligent parties. Our law firm will explore every avenue possible to ensure you are able to receive maximum compensation for your injuries and to ensure all parties responsible for your injuries are brought to justice.
What to Consider When Hiring a Truck Accident Attorney
Following a truck accident, it is essential that you hire an attorney who can help you take on the company involved. Most trucking companies are well-prepared for accident-related claims and lawsuits. When you call a trucking accident lawyer in San Antonio, consider the following:
- Does the attorney have trial experience? Make sure your lawyer has significant trial experience and feels at home in the courtroom and understands the nuances of jury interaction. You can bet that the lawyers defending the truck driver and company have argued dozens of cases before judges and jury; you deserve an attorney who has successfully argued even more.
- Does the attorney have the resources to take on a large company? Many smaller law firms simply cannot keep up with a well-financed trucking company. Thomas J. Henry Law has the finances, resources, and attorneys to take on the largest companies in the world and has successfully litigated against Fortune 500 and Fortune 100 companies.
- Does my attorney have access to top expert witnesses? Expert witnesses have specialized knowledge that can help support your claim as well as demonstrate the extent and value of your damages. Thomas J. Henry Law works with leading expert witnesses from multiple industries in order to help our clients secure maximum compensation.
Common Causes of San Antonio Truck Accidents
Just like car accidents, truck accidents can have a variety of causes, and a single crash may involve multiple instances of negligence. A successful San Antonio truck accident lawyer will be able to identify all causes as well as understand how Texas laws and San Antonio city ordinances may affect the value of your claim.
Some causes your attorney may consider when investigating potential accident causes and developing your case are:
- Poor or improper training
- Distracted driving
- Driver fatigue
- Drowsy driving
- Poor vehicle or equipment maintenance
- Erratic or reckless driving
- Drunk driving
- Unsafe following distance
- Improper lane change
It is important that your attorney and their team look at every angle of your accident to ensure all negligence and fault is accounted for. This best ensures a favorable outcome for your case while also setting you up to receive maximum financial compensation for your injuries and damages.
Where Do Most San Antonio Trucking Accidents Occur?
Trucking accidents can occur anywhere normal car crashes occur. However, due to the nature of commercial trucking, they do tend to be more common on major highways and interstates. This includes:
- Interstate 10– I-10 runs right through the heart of downtown San Antonio, alongside the Alamodome, and serves as a major transportation route for commercial trucks moving goods and products between East and West Texas and beyond.
- Interstate 37– I-37 is the main roadway for commercial trucks traveling between San Antonio and Corpus Christi. Like I-10, traffic can become congested, particularly in northbound lanes entering San Antonio.
- Interstate 35– Also called the PanAm Expressway, I-35 runs southwest to Laredo and serves as a transportation line for goods and products coming in from Mexico. It also runs northbound through Austin all the way up to Minneapolis, Minnesota.
- 410 Loop– Loop 410, also called the Connally Loop, is a beltway that wraps around San Antonio, allowing for a more direct line of commercial traffic to the different areas of the city.
Injuries Commonly Suffered in Truck Accidents
Truck accidents can result in a multitude of serious and debilitating injuries. Among those we commonly see at Thomas J. Henry Law are:
- Spinal cord and back injuries
- Fractures and soft tissue injuries
- Neck injuries
- Traumatic brain injuries (TBI)
- Injuries to vital organs
- Burn injuries
Damages You May Recover in Your Trucking Accident Lawsuit
The damages you are entitled to following a truck accident will depend on the circumstance surrounding your accident and injuries. While damages may vary from case to case, among the most common recovered by truck accident victims are:
- Medical expenses
- Lost wages
- Vehicle repair costs
- Future medical bills
- Pain and suffering
- loss of companionship
- Loss of consortium
- Wrongful death
Injured in a Trucking Accident? Contact an Experienced San Antonio Truck Crash Attorney
Thomas J. Henry has been representing victims of negligent truck drivers and transportation companies for more than 24 years. Our San Antonio commercial vehicle lawyers are committed to the success of our clients and have built a reputation for securing favorable settlements and verdicts against large transportation companies.
Contact us today for a FREE case consultation with a licensed San Antonio personal injury attorney. Let us help you get the compensation you deserve. Attorneys are standing by. Our firm has experienced truck accident attorneys in San Antonio ready to assist you 24/7, nights and weekends.
Our San Antonio Personal Injury Law Offices
- Phone number: 210-874-2615 (attorneys available 24/7 to assist you)
- Address: 5711 University Heights Blvd #101, San Antonio, Texas 78249