Man Killed in Workplace Accident Involving Forklift
Forklift Accident Kills Man in Maine
The forklift accident happened at a rented building on Ames Road around 9 a.m. Authorities say Gary Mullen, 59, of Veazie was severely injured. Coworkers attempted to save him but were unable to, said police.
The Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) is investigating.
Workplace Accident Statistics
Every year, thousands of workers experience injuries or illnesses while working on-site. According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics’ (BLS) most-recent Survey of Occupational Injuries & Illnesses, the total number of injuries per 100 full-time workers remained unchanged at 2.8 in 2019.
BLS organizes the most-common workplace injuries into the following five categories:
- Overexertion and bodily reaction (approximately 33 incidents per 10,000 full-time workers)
- Falls, slips, and trips (approximately 27 incidents per 10,000 full-time workers)
- Contact with objects or equipment (approximately 24 incidents per 10,000 full-time workers)
- Violence and other injuries caused by persons or animals (approximately eight incidents per 10,000 full-time workers)
- Transportation accidents (approximately seven incidents per 10,000 full-time workers)
Contact an Experienced Work Injury Lawyer
If you or a loved one were injured on the job, contact Thomas J. Henry Law. Workplace accident victims deserve quality, dynamic representation from attorneys with the experience and legal resources to properly develop their case. Oftentimes, workplace injuries are severe and debilitating and put individuals out of work for an extended period of time.
Our work accident lawyers will take immediate action on your case and make sure you are comfortable and informed throughout the entire legal process. Contact us today for a free case review. Our firm has offices in Corpus Christi, San Antonio, and Austin, serving clients across Texas and nationwide.