A mother and her four children were injured in a rollover crash after a driver allegedly cut them off on FM 1960 in Humble.
Details of the Humble Texas Crash
KHOU reports the crash occurred at 7:30 am Friday in the 2200 block of East FM 1960, between Woodland Hills and First Street E.
Authorities say the mother was driving on FM 1960 when another vehicle cut her off. When she tried to steer to avoid a collision, her SUV lost control and rolled over multiple times before coming to rest in an embankment.
The mother and an 8-year-old child were both ejected from the vehicle. They were transported to the hospital in critical condition. The other three children, ages 2 to 5, were hospitalized as well but avoided serious injury.
The driver who cut off the mother fled the scene. Police are now searching for the individual, describing their vehicle as a silver SUV. Anyone who may have witnessed the accident or has information on the fleeing driver is urged to contact the Harris County Sheriff’s Office.
The accident remains under investigation.
Texas Car Accident Statistics 2018
Information provided by the Texas Department of Transportation (TxDOT):
- There were 12,161 serious injury crashes in Texas in 2018 with 14,908 people sustaining a serious injury.
- There were 701 people killed in crashes occurring in intersections or related to an intersection.
- There were 548 people killed in head-on crashes in 2018.
- There were no deathless days on Texas roadways in 2018.
- There were 940 people killed in motor vehicle traffic crashes where a driver was under the influence of alcohol. This is 26% of the total number of people killed in motor vehicle traffic crashes.
Thomas J. Henry Law, Representing Victims of Car Accidents Across Texas
If you or a loved one has been involved in a car accident, call Thomas J. Henry Law. We offer FREE case consultation to all car accident victims and work only on a contingency fee basis. This means you pay us nothing unless and until we win your case.
Our Texas car accident attorneys have represented thousands of clients injured in car accidents, and we have the experience and resources necessary to successfully handle your claim. Attorneys are available 24/7, nights and weekends to assist you. Call now.