Motorcyclist Dead Following Corpus Christi Crash
A 21-year-old man is dead following a motorcycle accident in Corpus Christi that occurred last Tuesday.
Details of the Fatal Corpus Christi Crash
According to the Corpus Christi Caller-Times, the fatal crash occurred around 7 pm near the intersection of Saratoga Boulevard and Aaron Drive.
Police say the motorcyclists, identified as Jacob Soliz, was traveling at a high rate of speed when he struck a pickup truck that was turning from Aaron Drive onto Saratoga Boulevard.
Soliz was thrown from his motorcycle, and the impact from the initial collision caused the pickup to strike a third vehicle before hitting a fence.
The accident remains under investigation.
Texas Motorcycle Accident Statistics
The following information was provided by the Texas Department of Transportation (TxDOT):
- 3,531 people were killed in traffic collisions in Texas in 2015, marking little change from the 3,536 deaths recorded in 2014.
- Motorcyclists (passengers and operators) accounted for 459 of the fatalities recorded in 2015.
- Of the 459 motorcyclists killed, roughly 52 percent were not wearing a helmet at the time of their collision.
- An additional 246,335 people were injured in traffic accidents in Texas in 2015.
Speak to a Corpus Christi Motorcycle Accident Attorney
Following a motorcycle accident, it is important to seek immediate medical treatment and file a police report. After you or your loved one’s well-being is taken care of, call Thomas J. Henry. We’re available 24/7 to take your call and discuss your case at no charge. For more than 25 years, our motorcycle accident attorneys in Corpus Christi have helped injured victims receive the justice and compensation they deserve.
Our Corpus Christi Personal Injury Law Offices
- Phone number: 361-254-7873 (attorneys available 24/7 to assist you)
- Address: 521 Starr Street, Corpus Christi, Texas 78401 (walk-in Monday through Friday)