Multiple Injured in West Bexar County Following 5-Vehicle Crash
Several people were injured Monday evening as a result of a 5-vehicle crash in west Bexar County.
Details of the Bexar County Multi-Vehicle Crash
According to KSAT, the crash occurred around 5:15 pm near the intersection of Wiseman Boulevard and Cottonwood Way.
Authorities closed several lanes of traffic on Wisemen Boulevard from Loop 1604 to Cottonwood Way.
The extent of the injuries suffered by those involved in the crash was not immediately available. Fortunately, none appeared to be fatal.
The cause of the accident remains under investigation.
Texas Car Accident Statistics 2018
Information provided by the Texas Department of Transportation (TxDOT):
- There were 12,161 serious injury crashes in Texas in 2018 with 14,908 people sustaining a serious injury.
- There were 701 people killed in crashes occurring in intersections or related to an intersection.
- There were 548 people killed in head-on crashes in 2018.
- There were no deathless days on Texas roadways in 2018.
- There were 940 people killed in motor vehicle traffic crashes where a driver was under the influence of alcohol. This is 26% of the total number of people killed in motor vehicle traffic crashes.
Contact an Experienced San Antonio Car Accident Attorney
If you or a loved one have been injured in a crash in or around San Antonio, call Thomas J. Henry Law now. Our lawyers have represented injured clients in San Antonio for more than 25 years. We have the experience and resources necessary to handle your case with the aggression and the commitment you deserve.
Our San Antonio car accident attorneys are available to assist you 24/7, nights and weekends. If you are unable to travel to one of our offices, we can send an attorney directly to you.