North Texas Teen Critically Injured in Three-Car Crash
Police are investigating a three-car crash that left a teenage woman in critical condition Tuesday afternoon.
Details of the North Texas Crash
WFAA reports the crash occurred around 3:52 pm at the intersection of Rowlett Road and Locust Street in Rowlett, Texas.
Police arrived at the scene to find that three vehicles had been involved in the crash. A 19-year-old female driver was taken to a local hospital where she was listed in critical condition.
The cause of the collision is unclear and remains under investigation.
2020 Texas Traffic Accident Statistics
Despite the pandemic and reduced traffic, 2020 still proved to be a deadly year for Texas drivers. According to the Texas Department of Transportation (TxDOT):
- 3,896 people were killed in car crashes in Texas in 2020. A 7.54% increase from 2019.
- The fatality rate on Texas roadways increased a staggering 18.94% from 2019 to 2020
- 538 of those deaths were the result of head-on collisions.
- 865 people were killed in crashes that occurred at or near intersections.
- An additional 205,489 people were injured in traffic crashes in Texas in 2020 with 14,656 people suffering incapacitating injuries.
- Based on reportable data for 2020, TxDOT determined:
- One person was killed in a car crash in Texas every 2 hours and 15 minutes.
- A person was injured in a crash every 2 minutes and 34 seconds.
- A reportable crash occurred every 1 minute 7 seconds.
Injured in a Car Accident? Call Thomas J. Henry Law
Thomas J. Henry Law has represented clients injured in car accidents across Texas for nearly 30 years. Over that time, we have built a reputation as a law firm that secures meaningful compensation for our clients.
Our Texas car accident attorneys are available 24/7 to help you, and we offer all injured clients a FREE Case Consultation. If you choose to hire us after your consultation, you pay us nothing unless and until we win your case.
Do not wait and risk your claim for compensation. Call now.