One person was killed and four others injured in a two-vehicle collision on the North Central Expressway service road Monday night.
Details of the Fatal Dallas Crash
According to WFAA, the crash occurred just before midnight when a Lexus car traveling northbound on the service road slammed into a Chrysler car that was stopped at a red light at the Meadow Road intersection.
The impact of the collision forced the Chrysler into the base of a highway sign. The Lexus overturned and struck a light pole.
The 44-year-old driver of the Lexus and his three passengers were all transported to the hospital where they were listed in critical condition. One of the passengers has since died of his injuries.
The driver of the Chrysler, 22, was also hospitalized in critical condition having suffered a skull fracture.
The crash remains under investigation.
Texas Car Accident Statistics 2018
Information provided by the Texas Department of Transportation (TxDOT):
- There were 12,161 serious injury crashes in Texas in 2018 with 14,908 people sustaining a serious injury.
- There were 701 people killed in crashes occurring in intersections or related to an intersection.
- There were 548 people killed in head-on crashes in 2018.
- There were no deathless days on Texas roadways in 2018.
- There were 940 people killed in motor vehicle traffic crashes where a driver was under the influence of alcohol. This is 26% of the total number of people killed in motor vehicle traffic crashes.
Injured in a Crash? Contact an Experienced Dallas Car Accident Attorney
If you or a loved one has been injured in a car accident in Dallas, call Thomas J. Henry Law now for your FREE case consultation. Our law firm believes in holding those responsible for serious and fatal car accidents accountable for their actions. We will fight to ensure you receive the compensation you deserve so you can focus on what’s most important: getting better.
Our attorneys are available 24/7 to assist you. Call now.