One Dead in Corpus Christi Head-On Collision
A fatal head-on crash at 6:45 pm Tuesday night near Del Mar University in Corpus Christi has left one person dead.
About the Corpus Christi Head-On Collision
Police report one fatality after the two vehicle accident near on the intersection of Staples Street and Baldwin Boulevard. According to reports, the two vehicles involved in the crash were a red Toyota as well as a Ford pick up truck.
CCPD notes that the driver of the Ford pickup failed to yield the right of way, and was cited and taken to the hospital. The driver of the Corolla sustained severe injuries, and was found to be under the influence with a child in the car.
The Corolla’s 28 year-old passenger was pronounced dead after being rushed to the hospital, and was identified as Domingo Rivera by the Nueces County Medical Examiner.
Texas Auto Accident Statistics
The following information was provided by the Texas Department of Transportation (TxDOT):
- 3,773 people were killed in Texas traffic accidents in 2016, marking a 5.45% increase from the 3,578 deaths reported in 2015.
- 638 of the deaths reported in 2016 were attributed to head-on collision.
- Alcohol was determined to be a factor in 987 traffic deaths, accounting for roughly 26% of all Texas traffic fatalities.
- An additional 264,076 people were injured in auto accidents in Texas in 2016.
- Based on reportable data for 2016, TxDOT estimates:
- One person was killed in a traffic accident every 2 hours and 20 minutes.
- One person was injured every 1 minute and 59 seconds.
- A reportable crash occurred every 57 seconds.
Contact an Experienced Corpus Christi Auto Accident Attorney
If you or a loved one have been injured in a car accident, contact Thomas J. Henry. Our experienced Corpus Christi car accident lawyers have experience handling a multitude of injury accidents, no matter how severe the crash or injury. You may be entitled to compensation for your damages if another driver acted negligently. Our firm has the experienced lawyers and financial resources that you need to achieve the real results you deserve.
Our firm has offices in Corpus Christi, San Antonio, Austin, and Houston, serving clients across Texas and nationwide. Call us today for a free case review — attorneys are available 24/7, nights and weekends. If you cannot make it to our office, we can visit you at your home, in the hospital, or at work.